Options

Close fight, but the beast was slayed

tomtechtomtech Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed with a 700. I could not believe it. I am now a MCSA!!

I passed 70-290 a few months ago with a 700 as well...must be some lucky streak.

Before I ended the exam, I changed 2 of my answers and I think that might have done it.

I used the MSpressbook and these forums. My exam had 47 questions (2 sims). It tested heavily on DNS, zones, conditional forwarding, stub zones etc. A fair bit of RRAS in there as well.

Now I must debate if I should complete my MCSE (3 more exams) or go for the MCSA to Server 08 upgrade path..

Thanks techexams!

Tomtech

Comments

• Options
    wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I also passed the 291 exam on the dot with a 700. I remember my heart pounding pretty hard when I hit finish and a big sigh of relief when I saw I passed.

IMO I think you should complete the MCSE path. I'm only basing that on in my area I see less job openings seeking experience with server 2008. I'm not sure what your career path/goal is however. Godd luck with whatever you decided to do.
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Congrats- every pass is a pass!

I would definately go for the MCSE first. It is far mor highly regarded than the MSCA even in its newer form. The MCSE 2003 is still very much alive and in demand probably for at least a few more years. I think you might want to do the 2008 update later but for right now the MCSE is more bang for the buck.

JMHO

good luck!!
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Well done.

Once I get through 291, I will be going for 70-620 to get MCSA and then heading towards upgrade to 2008. Want to get into the new stuff sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Johno045Johno045 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I take mine on the 15th, just hope that i pass as well

well done again
    If you fail to Prepare "YOU" Prepare to FAIL
  • Options
    ladyfoxladyfox Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Feels good, doesnt it?

I'd also go with MCSE then do the upgrade to MCITP afterwards. That is what I am doing and what my employer preferrs. We are skilling up in 2008 but as most customers are using 2003 and will for some time it makes logical sense to get some good grounding in 2003. Plus I think that MCSE is such a well known and regarded accreditation. There are almost too many MCTS's and MCAS's and so forth that its probably confusing to many people what an MCITP is but nearly all tech employers know the MCSE. Just my thoughts on the subject.
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Mann!

So why does everyone refer to it as the BEAST???
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Congrats Mann!

So why does everyone refer to it as the BEAST???

Challenging material. The book just covers so much.