Options

Passed my Network+

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all, i took my test a few hours ago and passed with 765/900 with 554 as a pass. Thanks to all for your help; i have my cram notes im gonna add to another post for you all ;)

BTW; it says on the pass paper that it takes up to 5 days for results to come through; im not sure if they will be linked to my compTIA account because there is no record of me signing up to N+???

Anybody have any ideas?
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats!!

How long it takes before CompTIA "knows" you passed depends on your testing center. Some are quicker than others to upload the info to CompTIA. It probably will just take 1-2 business days, but I think they give a 5 day window so everyone's not calling them for a status update after 24 hours! :D

And if you're like me & ended up taking A+ and N+ at different "brands" of testing centers, then that might make a difference too. I took A+ at Pearson Vue, and I scheduled my N+ at Prometric...I called them up to see if there'd be a problem with CompTIA matching up my current CompTIA CareerID with the new exam results, and I was told it wouldn't be a problem, but to be honest I'm not sure because the rep I spoke with was talking in circles. To be cautious, I'm bringing my CompTIA ID with me tomorrow to see if the person at the test center can enter that info in...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yea the candidate ID is different for my N+, i cant see there being any issues, i can prove who i am for both accounts. Ill wait untill the status is updated to passed and then ill contact compTIA if it hasnt updated/changed.

I took my A+ at a college and my N+ at a test centre; but its still the same stuff.

ill let you know what happens...
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS! Any pointers? I am taking mine next week :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    jeffslawjeffslaw Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see you added IRQs on your notes. I don't remember this on any of the study prep material I've used. Did you get IRQ questions on the test? I thought that was an A+ objective?
  • Options
    StigmatasStigmatas Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass.
    Network+ > ICND1 > ICND2 > ?

<-- No degree

Network+ = 11/18/08 DONE
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    @wedge1988 - I passed my exam yesterday around noon, and it showed on the CompTIA CareerID site this morning around 9am. They matched up the N+ results to my existing ID, even though I took the A+ & N+ at different brands of test centers (Pearson Vue & Prometric, respectively). I logged on this morning, and it asked me to verify my address so they could send me my N+ cert kit. YAY!! :D

So if your test center is good about uploading their info to CompTIA like mine was, you probably can see your results now...if not, then probably Monday/Tuesday.

• Options
    Thanks all!

@ CERTS4LADY - just make sure that you get around the 80% mark on pre-tests, that should be enough.

@ jeffslaw - I had 2 questions or so on IRQs, cant say much more than that, but theyre obvious at that.

-> CompTIA actually picked up the results and even though i had been given a new ID, the results were matched to my other account automatically, which was great, no phone calls lol!

I will say this, the test center i use is brilliant, unlike my old college that was totally useless. It took my old college at least 6 weeks to POST my cert. 6 weeks! rediculous.

Anyways, hopefully now, MS will recieve the A+, N+ for my elecive for my MCSA.
  • Options
    wedge1988 wrote:
    Thanks all!

@ CERTS4LADY - just make sure that you get around the 80% mark on pre-tests, that should be enough.

@ jeffslaw - I had 2 questions or so on IRQs, cant say much more than that, but theyre obvious at that.

-> CompTIA actually picked up the results and even though i had been given a new ID, the results were matched to my other account automatically, which was great, no phone calls lol!

I will say this, the test center i use is brilliant, unlike my old college that was totally useless. It took my old college at least 6 weeks to POST my cert. 6 weeks! rediculous.

Anyways, hopefully now, MS will recieve the A+, N+ for my elecive for my MCSA.
    Hey wedge1988 - I don't mean to be Captain Obvious here, but did you publish your credentials to Microsoft via the CompTIA website? (If anyone needs it, here's a rundown of how to go about doing it.)

I published mine to them on Saturday (5/6) and so far, they haven't viewed them...not sure if you know, but on the CareerID website, if you click on "history" it will show your credential orders, and if you click on "details" it shows you if they've been viewed. Mine shows that it's been viewed "0 out of 14 times"...me thinks that credential verification might take a few days at least...

EDIT: I spoke too soon...as of this afternoon, my CompTIA credentials show up on my MCP transcripts - woohoo!

• Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Congrats!!! :D
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    thanks all,

@ skrpune - i already did that lol. my bad, didnt mention it xD. Anyways, its all dandy now so once ive done the 291 (Which is what im gonna do next) i should have my MCSA. whats interesting (as a note) is the N+ and A+ elective is noted as 000 as an exam ID.

:)
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats - very cool that the CompTIA/MS results synched up for you.

Every now and then technology vendors actually work well together!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats I passed mine on 12/5. I love Mike Myers, ok not love but the dude knows his stuff. LOL