CCNA:Security Exam Guide
CCNA:Security CBT Nuggets
GNS3
SDM
ISCW Lab Guide

good luck to anyone else taking exam icon_cool.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've seen some people say that this was fairly similar to ISCW. I see you're using the lab guide; has that been your experience as well?

Good luck!
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    yes, i have seen alot of similar context from the ISCW to the CCNA:Security. Some things covered in CCNA:Security which is not covered in the ISCW is:

Zone-based firewalls (very cool icon_cool.gif )
    Layer 2 attacks
    Voice Networks
    SAN Security
    Operations Security
    ASA Firewalls

So there is not a lot of new material on the CCNA:Security. What I have also been doing is looking through the CBT Nuggets and everytime Jeremy does a lab, I'll try to do the same lab as well. Also, I have used the Cisco CCNA:Security book to do some mock labs as well on the Site-to-Site VPN and IOS Firewalls.
  • Deltah_Deltah_ Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to take this exam next week too, good luck!
    thanks, good luck to you as well icon_cool.gif
    just got done with all the cbt nuggets. i went over configuring site-to-site vpn tunnel using CLI from R1 to R2 through ISP. I got the tunnels on both ends built and started passing interesting traffic and the tunnel was still down, then I remembered that i forgot to configure routing between the devices icon_eek.gif . once i did that i was good to go. it is very cool how you can "simulate" vpn tunnel traffic through the use of loopback interfaces. they are very helpful. anyway, after that i went through and did it all again using SDM v2.5 and i have to say it took a lot less time. i prefer using sdm to setup vpn's, it makes deploying them so much easier.

less than two weeks left for ccna:security, then its off to ccie r&s. i am now going to review all the material and i will be ready for the exam. good luck to those studying.
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    This exam is on my list right after the CCNA is finished.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm not sure when I'm going to take the exam -- I still haven't gotten over my disbelief that Edward Hines Lumber Company is also a Vue Testing location. icon_eek.gif But it is my closet test center that has reasonable testing times.

I'd love to take an exam at CDW (Computer Discount Warehouse) and spend money there after my exam - but not at 8am. icon_sad.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    I'm not sure when I'm going to take the exam -- I still haven't gotten over my disbelief that Edward Hines Lumber Company is also a Vue Testing location. icon_eek.gif But it is my closet test center that has reasonable testing times.

I'd love to take an exam at CDW (Computer Discount Warehouse) and spend money there after my exam - but not at 8am. icon_sad.gif

you could pass this exam in your sleep icon_cool.gif i don't think you would have any problems at all.
    hello all,

just passed this exam about 5 hours ago. i scheduled the test one week early because i though i was ready. test was not too difficult, however i have passed the ISCW about one month ago, so i had a lot of studying already complete. I would rate the test at 7/10 on difficulty. now, i think its time to dive into CCIE R&S. good luck to all those who attempt this test!
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    passed
    Congratulations! icon_santa.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats good luck with the CCIE icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    thanks guys. good luck with your studies too!