Passed Today

Scored 829!!! I thought the test was pretty much straight forward, but I was suprised by the number of sims. I had 16. On to the rest of the MCITP exams, but I haven't decided which to take first. Most likely I'll do AD but I opt to get the Net Infrastructure out of the way.

Used the MS press taining kit book, the practice exam that came on the cd with the book, and trancender practice exams.
The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats! Wow, 16 sims?!?! I only had a handful, but I took mine December of last year...maybe they've ramped up the # of sims, or maybe you just got "lucky"? :D
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Thanks.

I'm going with lucky. Most of the posts I've seen indicated 3-5 sims on average. Didn't mind though, as for the most part the sims were easy. Especially if you knew what you were doing (or supposed to be doing). I just had to remind myself to do only what the question asked and not to read (or do) more into it.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    I wasn't counting how many sims I had. There were somewhat more than 5 but somewhat less than 16.

The more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned.

Not only do they give me an added degree of confidence in my response compared to a multiple choice question, but I think that a sim is a better test of how the candidate deals with a particular scenario than choosing one of 4 different (sometimes subtly so, sometimes not) text descriptions of what t do.
    -- Dan
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    danclarke wrote:
    Not only do they give me an added degree of confidence in my response compared to a multiple choice question, but I think that a sim is a better test of how the candidate deals with a particular scenario than choosing one of 4 different (sometimes subtly so, sometimes not) text descriptions of what t do.
    Very good point..."doing" is a better test of knowledge than just being able to answer questions about a topic. You can know the entire history of a feature or tool, but if you can't find it when working with the OS, that knowledge isn't worth all that much.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion