MS Second Shot...it isnt working!

I am trying to register again for my 70-291 and I entered my voucher number with Prometric when I first took the exam and now a second time I enter the voucher number again but Prometric still insists that I pay up for the exam. Am I missing something here?
In Progress: CCNP ROUTE

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is that how it's supposed to work? I was under the impression you had to give them a call. I haven't really looked into it though. Regardless, I'd start by giving them a call.
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Are you sure its the same voucher# that you used to register for the test originally? When I've used it in the past it subtracts the fee of the test, I didn't even have to put in a CC#. So if it's not working you either have the wrong voucher # or you didn't put it in correctly for the first exam. However, if I were you I'd still call the 800# and ask them what they can do.

Good luck though!
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    how long has it been since you took the first exam? I've never used a second shot offer, but I've heard that it may take a bit for the results to be reported by your test center before you can use the second shot.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    Check to see if the test results have been entered into your Prometric profile. It may take a few hours or so for the results to be entered.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    From my experience you have to call them to register your second shot offer. It is done with the same coupon you registered the first one with
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    here's the rundown from the Prometric site re: using the second shot offer:
    Here's how it works:

* Step 1: Register for Second Shot on the Microsoft site and receive an exam voucher number.
    * Step 2: Using the voucher number, schedule and pay for your initial exam via Prometrics's web site, call center or test center locations.
    --- You must have the voucher number available prior to registering.
    --- Academic exams may not be scheduled via Prometric's web site.
    * Step 3: Take your exam.
    * Step 4: If you fail, register for your free retake exam via Prometric's web site, call center or test center locations using the same voucher number.
    --- Please wait one day after the failed exam to register to allow for test results to be entered into the system.
    --- Academic exams may not be scheduled via Prometric's web site.

It doesn't mention having to call them to 'activate' the voucher, but I haven't gone through this myself yet so I can't say from experience...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    It looks like I'll have to call Prometric...I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • suren327suren327 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it worked fine for me..i just failed an exam and i went through the same procedure as scheduling an exam date and reused the voucher number and it worked..if u failed the exam u have to use it towards the same exam u attempted..
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    When registering for your first exam, did you put the voucher number in?

If not, then that's why it's not working. ;)