Options

Security+ 2007 Exam availability

jdocchio67jdocchio67 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am restudying for the Security+ exam after missing it the first time.

I was just surfing CompTIA's webiste and found this under the Security plus information.

How long will the 2007 version of CompTIA Security+ be available?
The current version of the exam will be available through July 2009.

This is the link I went to.
http://certification.comptia.org/security/security_update.aspx#seven

can someone confirm this please? I thought it was April of 2009.

Thank you

JD

Comments

• Options
    gwamakagwamaka Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The current Security+ exam (2007) edition will retire on April 30, 2009.
  • Options
    Man got my hopes up.
    So I was correct.
    Then why does CompTIA have it dated on the site for July 2009.

So then I'm going to have to get on my horse, and get it done before April 30, 2009.

Thank you for the information I appreciate your assistance.

JD :D
  • Options
    gwamakagwamaka Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are welcome ! I will be sitting for this exam ( 2007 version) before the end of the year. I think if you have a little bit more time ( 2 months) you could just prepare for the 2008 exam. I have been putting off to do this exam since the beginning of the year and I had purchased all the study materials for the 2007 exam.

jdocchio67 wrote:
    Man got my hopes up.
    So I was correct.
    Then why does CompTIA have it dated on the site for July 2009.

So then I'm going to have to get on my horse, and get it done before April 30, 2009.

Thank you for the information I appreciate your assistance.

JD :D
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Yeah man but i think u will nail it for the second time, with me I decided to take 070-290 while waiting for Security + 2008 to be realised cause i don't understand why they are still delaying
    and one more think I don't want to write Sec + 2007 i do rather wait for 2008 but guys does anyone have taken Sec + 2008.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    Bulletz thank you for the encouragement. I hope that I pass this the second time around, and just get the 2007 cert. I don't want to spend more money on study material for the 2008.
    Even though the information will not be much different just the addition of more material.

So at this point I am re-reading my Syngress book for a 2nd time around, and go through my notes from my Sybex and Exam Cram also. I'll need a couple of months at least to get everything back in my head, and hopefully I pass this and have a another notch under my belt.

I just finished the training videos that I got from Preplogic, I got them half price when they had a sale and didn't have to pay the full amount.

Wish me luck and I wish everyone else luck also.

jd :D
  • Options
    Bulletz thank you for the encouragement. I hope that I pass this the second time around, and just get the 2007 cert. I don't want to spend more money on study material for the 2008.
    Even though the information will not be much different just the addition of more material.

So at this point I am re-reading my Syngress book for a 2nd time around, and go through my notes from my Sybex and Exam Cram also. I'll need a couple of months at least to get everything back in my head, and hopefully I pass this and have a another notch under my belt.

I just finished the training videos that I got from Preplogic, I got them half price when they had a sale.

Wish me luck and I wish everyone else the best of luck also.

jd :D