Sweating the Beast *UPDATE* Passed

J-DubsJ-Dubs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
After studying and labbing intensely for the past couple of weeks on 291, I have a large amount of respect for the test and those that pass it. The scope of this test is quite impressive. I'm just going to keep my head down and brute force my way through with my usual study method and we'll see how the cards fall this Thursday. This is a tough one for those of us who implement and administer the usual small business network. I've got to get my MCSA path completed before I get distracted by this snow that is starting to accumulate. I hear the ditch pickle calling.

-J
True wisdom exists in knowing that you know nothing

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    J-Dubs wrote:
    I hear the ditch pickle calling.

-J

I'm not certain what that means, but this is not a forum for bedroom experiments :)
  • ladyfoxladyfox Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck with it! Its a great feeling to slay the beast at last! Stick with it, keep reading, do some labs with a VM if you can and you'll get there!
  • RoboRooRoboRoo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a large amount of respect for the test and those that pass it.

I have a large amount of respect for the people who passed it but not for the exam itself.
    I failed it today with a 653 and the results sheet show that my weakest area is ip addressing. I mean I have Network+ already and I supposedly don't know much about it...? so its like yeah good one Microsoft.
  • J-DubsJ-Dubs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RoboRoo wrote:
    I have a large amount of respect for the test and those that pass it.

I have a large amount of respect for the people who passed it but not for the exam itself.
    I failed it today with a 653 and the results sheet show that my weakest area is ip addressing. I mean I have Network+ already and I supposedly don't know much about it...? so its like yeah good one Microsoft.

Maybe fear and reverence would have been a better choice of words? It sucks that you didn't pass, but with a score that close I'm sure you'll pass it the next go around. Good luck!

-J
    Man that test was HARD!!! But, I managed to pass with a 731. I'm not thrilled about the score but a pass is a pass I guess. Thanks to everyone here on the forum for their help.

-J
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Good work, there's alot of information that is the foundation of all AD in this test and passing is alot of work. Congrats.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, Congratulations!

Have fun with your ditch pickle.

I seriously hope you're referring to a snow mobile. Or is it technically a snow machine? Help me Sarah Palin!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, it really is a beastly exam. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • suren327suren327 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats man..i'm hoping to tackle it soon..
    dynamik wrote:
    Nice job, Congratulations!

Have fun with your ditch pickle.

I seriously hope you're referring to a snow mobile. Or is it technically a snow machine? Help me Sarah Palin!

Thanks, and Nowthen (formerly Burns Township) isn't far enough north to call it a snow machine LOL. It's amazing how one man can do so much good for a sport and how his wife's public persona can negate it by making outdoors people look like a bunch of gosh, golly, gee hicks.

Suren - good luck tackling the beast, do a better job pwning it than I did.

-J
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Congratulations J-Dub! Hey, a pass is a pass, especially with the beast! So what's next for you?
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • MeastMeast Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    After a quick google search, i've learned what a ditch pickle is:

"The ditch pickle is a common term for snowmobiles and ATVs that are green in color."

I know I wasn't the only one confused as hell.