Locally Significant Frame Relay Numbers ?

tech77tech77 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was taking a Transcender CCNA exam and had this question:
Which Frame Relay numbers are locally significant?

And then you had to type in an answer. The correct answer it wanted is this
Router(config-if)#frame-relay map ip 10.0.0.1 110

And they reference this Cisco document: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/frame.htm#wp1020640

I don't understand this answer. Does anyone have a possible explanation? I must be overlooking something here and will keep trying. Thank you.

icon_eek.gif

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which Frame Relay numbers are locally significant?

And then you had to type in an answer. The correct answer it wanted is this

\i'm not sure about the answer b/c i don't have enough information about the question was there an exibit or anything? b/c what i see is a mapping statement and looks like a dlci number following the ip address to me that doesn't quite say enough info
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • tech77tech77 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i'm not sure about the answer b/c i don't have enough information about the question was there an exibit or anything? b/c what i see is a mapping statement and looks like a dlci number following the ip address to me that doesn't quite say enough info

This is my problem w/ this particular question. The question on the practice exam and quoted above was taken directly from the sample test. There was no other information given. Its a poorly worded question and I wrote Transcender about it.

I actually got a message back from them. Check it out:
    This command maps the DLCI number 110 to the IP address 10.0.0.1. This
    instructs the router to use DLCI 110 to reach the router at the IP
    address 10.0.0.1.
    The DLCI identifies the Permanente Virtual Circuit that is used to reach
    a defined location.

Yeah, well, I knew this, but doesn't it seem the question should have been something like, "What's the command to map a DLCI number to reach a router at address x?" or some such. Poor wording on an otherwise good test product. I'm told there's an update coming. icon_cool.gif
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IMO that's a VERY poorly worded question. What version of the Trancsender are you using??? I take the 801 Trancsender test everyday like 3x a day and I have not run into that question. icon_scratch.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
    Hey Viper,

I'm using AssociateCert 4.0 for the 640-801 exam and I got all the available updates. This question showed up in Exam A.

What version are you using?
    tech77 wrote:
    Hey Viper,

I'm using AssociateCert 4.0 for the 640-801 exam and I got all the available updates. This question showed up in Exam A.

What version are you using?

I'm using the same one as you are with all the updates and service packs. icon_scratch.gif

Weird... icon_scratch.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    I'm scheduled to take the exam next Friday, but may put it off another week.
    I'm using the same one as you are with all the updates and service packs.

Are you using anything else besides Transcenders for test prep? Any suggestions? Just curious.
    I'm reading the Sybex book, CiscoPress Flash Cards, CiscoPress Books. I use Transcenders, TestOut, PrepLogic, and a few sites that have free test online.

www.mcmcse.com

www.free-tests.com

www.celticrover.com

http://techexams.net/ciexams.shtml
    CCNP Security - DONE!
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□

maybe the question pointing to what is locally significant, which is your dlci number : 110
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Actually, I'm familiar with that question, I took the AssociateCert 4.0 once last week. The answer it's looking for (or at least the one that it marked right for me) is simply DLCI. The question isn't really worded improperly, when you see the words locally significant paired with frame relay that's a dead giveaway they're talking about DLCI
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=