Practice Exams

MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
This question is directed towards anyone who has taken the Net+ exam. Im just wondering if the questions on this website's N+ practice exam are a good representation of the difficulty of the N+ exam. I ask because i recently took a Train Signal practice exam and I found it to be incredibly difficult compared to all the other practice exams. Any thoughts? :D

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Everyone's test is different, so the questions you'll see are kind of a 'grab bag' situation - some see easier ones, some see harder ones. I was 'lucky' and saw a good deal of harder ones, and I got questions from EVERY possible objective subsection.

The practice questions here & elsewhere are a good study tool to help you hone your skills & find your weak areas, but I happened to get some tough & obscure questions on my exam the other day. To give you an idea, I passed the exam with a 765 (probably ~low 80's in %), compared to me getting the equivalent of ~90% correct on the practice questions here.

I don't have personal experience with the TrainSignal exams, so I can't say how those fare, but if they're tougher, then they probably are a fairer representation of the difficulty level you may see come exam day.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    The way they grade their tests are suppose to be weird. Those harder and more obscure questions are suppose to be worth more.

I scored a 750 on my Network+ test. I was passing tech note tests 90-100 when I went in a took it% I didn't pay for any for any practice tests.. I just used the one here, and the tests from Mike Myers Passport book.

Know all your ports, and whether the protocol with is uses TCP or UDP. Know them all inside out and backwards.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    TravR1 wrote:
    The way they grade their tests are suppose to be weird. Those harder and more obscure questions are suppose to be worth more.

I scored a 750 on my Network+ test. I was passing tech note tests 90-100 when I went in a took it% I didn't pay for any for any practice tests.. I just used the one here, and the tests from Mike Myers Passport book.

Know all your ports, and whether the protocol with is uses TCP or UDP. Know them all inside out and backwards.
    Yeah and I had only one question about CIDR. Suprisingly to me, not a whole bunch of questions on Apple or Novell but then again the questions are taken from a pool so you never know. I only used the tests from the Mike Myers book and got a 735 this past Friday. Good luck. Don't stress it.
  • aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
    The questions I got, from memory where quite random and general almost touching on every other major subject. OSI model was important, very important. I used the notes on this website (very valuable!) and the free practice tests which really helped keep me in the right frame of mind for the test. I used the Network+ Certification 3rd Edition book from Amazon and the practice tests that came on the CD. I also bought a slightly discounted voucher from the Mike Myers site.
  • MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ty for the info. i scheduled my exam for January 8th...i think im ready :D