SY0-201 Exam ready?

ger the manger the man Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I have just finished the SYBEX SY0-201 study guideand am going through the material on the CD. Is this enough for exam revison?

Cheers

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You probably could pass, but other have mentioned that the Sybex study guide covers about 80% of the subject material on the exam from the impressions that they felt when they took it. Best that you supplement your studies with one more source. It will seem like mostly review, but there will be the various tidbits that fill in the gaps.
  • ger the manger the man Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was considering going down the CBT nuggets route, can anyone suggest a better option to 'fill in the gaps'?

Thanks for all replies.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Transcender practice exams.
    dynamik wrote:
    Transcender practice exams.

Might have to go the CBT Nuggets root
    Transcender dont have practice exams for SY0-201 yet
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Whoops, sorry. I didn't see you were referring to the new exam. What Nuggets are you looking at? It doesn't seem like they have an updated offering either.

I've seem people who took the new exam say that a lot of the old resources were still good; they just had to do a little extra research on their own. Transcender might still be of some use to you.
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Security+ In Depth 2009 is available now as well.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • gurbathegreatgurbathegreat Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would not waste the money on CBT Nuggets or transcenders. Reading the Sybex should be good enough. If you get through the book and can honestly say to yourself that you understood what you read, then you will be fine, trust me.
    I was a little dissapointed with the Security+ 2008 In Depth as soon as I pulled it out of the package. I ordered it online and just got it today...

Amazon says that there are almost 700 pages in the book. As I look in it I see there are only about 400 pages of material. The book has less than the Sybex book, it would seem. I checked the ISBN, it's the same book as advertised.

Just wanted to give the heads up.
    It advertised 640 pages, sorry. But I thought I was buying an 'In Depth' book.
    I would not waste the money on CBT Nuggets or transcenders. Reading the Sybex should be good enough. If you get through the book and can honestly say to yourself that you understood what you read, then you will be fine, trust me.

I was thinking the same myself. Im going through the exam objectives for revision and using the CD too.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took that today... Too easy icon_lol.gif
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn