Sooo???

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
icon_eek.gif

I did it!!! I passed with a 584/554 and another thing about it is that I don't have to take my final exam for my LAN class :D

The TechNotes helped alot along with the review posts by ThePistonDoctor and God. I also used Examcram pdf files and Network+ Guide to Networks Fourth Edition by Tamara Dean.

I was alittle nervous before the exam and I didn't really like the fact that I had to take everything my pockets (oh well). I felt kinda naked without my stuff. The test wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did go back and look at the answers I selected just to make sure that I selected what I thought was right. Now I just have to set up my account with comptia :D

Anyways, if anyone is in Michigan, you can buy the voucher through Davenport University and get a discount depending if you are a DU student (20% off), Other student (15% off), Alumni/Corp partners (15% off), or the General Public (10%). The A+ has and Microsoft certs have different discounts. DU also has monthly specials.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Not sure what 584/554 means as I took the exam years ago, but congrats!

:)
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    icon_eek.gif

I did it!!! I passed with a 584/554 and another thing about it is that I don't have to take my final exam for my LAN class :D

The TechNotes helped alot along with the review posts by ThePistonDoctor and God. I also used Examcram pdf files and Network+ Guide to Networks Fourth Edition by Tamara Dean.

I was alittle nervous before the exam and I didn't really like the fact that I had to take everything my pockets (oh well). I felt kinda naked without my stuff. The test wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did go back and look at the answers I selected just to make sure that I selected what I thought was right. Now I just have to set up my account with comptia :D

Anyways, if anyone is in Michigan, you can buy the voucher through Davenport University and get a discount depending if you are a DU student (20% off), Other student (15% off), Alumni/Corp partners (15% off), or the General Public (10%). The A+ has and Microsoft certs have different discounts. DU also has monthly specials.

Congrats on the pass!!

I hear you on being nervous about emptying pockets. I wasn't asked to turn out my pockets, but I was told to leave my jacket in a coat closet in the lobby...hrm. It was a new & unknown testing center (moved recently) so I wasn't feeling so hot about leaving my stuff out there, especially since my car/house keys & IDs were in the jacket pockets. I grabbed my IDs out of my jacket and that was about all I could fit in my pockets (damn womens clothing designers, why can't you make pockets that are functional?! icon_evil.gif)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_eek.gif

Did the Tamara Dean textbook do a good job covering what you need to know for the exam? It is my required textbook for my Fund. of Networking class next semester so I just starting reading over it today.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nobylspoon

The book goes into detail about the objectives and I do think it's a good book to study from. I'm not trying to get around the question, it's just that I don't want reveal too much on accident.

I suggest that you study from the book alot! I mean like 1-2 hours a day for four months (if thats your semester length) and take the practice tests. I saw that the updated exam will have six objectives instead of four icon_sad.gif

skrpune

Thanks! I just hoped that my stuff wouldn't have gotten stolen. The lady kept talking to me about going to jail and I started to think that she was racist for a second. I told her that I've never been and she just stopped with the jail stuff right there.

Netwurk

584 is the score I got and the 554 is the min to pass :D

mamono

Thanks!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nobylspoon

The book goes into detail about the objectives and I do think it's a good book to study from. I'm not trying to get around the question, it's just that I don't want reveal too much on accident.

I suggest that you study from the book alot! I mean like 1-2 hours a day for four months (if thats your semester length) and take the practice tests. I saw that the updated exam will have six objectives instead of four icon_sad.gif

skrpune

Thanks! I just hoped that my stuff wouldn't have gotten stolen. The lady kept talking to me about going to jail and I started to think that she was racist for a second. I told her that I've never been and she just stopped with the jail stuff right there.

Netwurk

584 is the score I got and the 554 is the min to pass :D

mamono

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. Class doesnt start until Jan 20th and I already have my nose in the book. I am a security guard so I have 8 hours a day to surf the internet and read a book so I will probably be reading about 4 hours a day. This is the perfect job for college students :D
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • *StarFire*StarFire Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh Thats great..........Enjoyyy :)
    Distractions all along the way.....perhaps will end up breaking everything
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm happy to help :D
    Also it doesn't hurt to take down a few notes too :D
    Booya!!