Options

Citrix Certification

wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am not very familar with Citrix and I had a few questions regarding Citrix Certfications:

Would a Citrix Certified Administrator certification be in high demand in the job market ?

What is difficulty of the CCA exam compared to other exams such as Comptia exams?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't know about the demand these days, it used to be very popular 3-6 years ago but I bet their share of the market has dropped with Windows 2000 and 2003 Terminal Services. I'm sure there are a lot of companies out there that wouldn't trade their Citrix terminal servers for anything though.
    What is difficulty of the CCA exam compared to other exams such as Comptia exams?
    Those are not really comparable exams, only CompTIA exams compare to CompTIA exams: very basic, very general, and vendor neutral, no actuall skills (no pun intended, I'm not saying there useless). Citrix certs are more like Checkpoint and Microsoft certifications, you learn how to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot their products, in other words: skills.

I've never seen a Citrix exam myself, but heard from several people that they are about as diffifult as a medium level Microsoft exam (70215 server, or Exchange install exam, for example).
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm working on the CCEA. I did the CCA a couple of years ago.

The CCA exam isn't to hard. It covers a less material then the Windows 2000 Server exam, but can really drill into some details. You should have a good background in Windows Server, and Microsoft and general networking concepts.

I don't know how much of a demand there is for Citrix people, but it seems to be a good niche to specialize in.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete