0x2104

flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
I have a 1721 router here that the register is set to 0x2104, but it is currently password protected. When I power it up and try a CRTL-BREAK I am not getting prompted to ROMMON mode to clear the password or change the confreg.

Any ideas?

Comments

• flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
    I was actually able to crack the password. but in this situation what would have been the fix? I looked around but I couldnt find anything?
    The sh ver shows
    Configuration register is 0x2102

But i am now getting an error message

Mar 1 00:10:47.183: %SYS-4-CONFIG_RESOLVE_FAILURE: System config parse from (t
    ftp://255.255.255.255/hami-1-confg) failed

wtf?
    i just did a wri erase and now im not getting the error messages. The config-reg is good. I need to do a little more resaech. Just thought i'd see if any of you encountered this issue before
  • a543047a543047 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    blake15 wrote:
    I have a 1721 router here that the register is set to 0x2104, but it is currently password protected. When I power it up and try a CRTL-BREAK I am not getting prompted to ROMMON mode to clear the password or change the confreg.

Any ideas?

Did you mean to set the value to 2142 and not 2104?
    CCIE #22769
    Routing and Switching
    Service Provider
    No 0x2142 is the password break to bypass the startup config.

It was in 0x2104 and I was getting the above. I was able to figure out the password because it was an old router of ours and able to change it back to 0x2102, so essentially 0x2142 was not needed.

But for it to be initially in 0x2104, it is still password protected and it will not allow me to CTRL+BREAK and I was getting all sorts of crazy messages
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    0x2104 is netboot. Break doesn't work because the flag to disable it is on.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The "crazy messages" were from autoinstall trying to get a configuration.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    So my question is, if it was set to 0x2104 and we did not know the password to the box. The CTRL+BREAK is disabled, how do i change it back to 0x2102 or 0x2142. I just so happened to be able to use several password combinations and get into the box, but if I wouldnt have, then I would have been locked out?