MCSE - the future?

thehoopsthehoops Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've got the MCSA 2003 (290,270,291, 271 and 272)

I've jsut completed 2003 Exchange with a pass of 820. Its taken me a while but I am really happy :)

However I am somewhat worried that its almost out of date. Whats peoples view on this? Is it worth going for MCSE 2003 or just leaving the MCSA as it is and start doing other exams (I am thinking about exchange 2007 for instance as we have just upgraded to this)

Might even consider CCNA but thats a big leap.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    At this point, I'd still get MCSE, plus you shorten your upgrade path to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator down to 3 exams.
    Good luck to all!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    At this point, I'd still get MCSE, plus you shorten your upgrade path to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator down to 3 exams.

+1

The MCSE is also much more well known and marketable at the moment. Good luck!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • thehoopsthehoops Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the replies guys - other than the core exams do you recommend any to take? What did you do. I am in a operations role currently
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Exchange/SQL - something like that is useful (I see you've got the Exchange 2003 one icon_cool.gif )

I'm finishing up by doing the 298 and 294. I'm doing the 298 instead of the 297 purely because I do a hell of a lot more security design/implementation than I do AD design in my current role. After those it'll be the 2008 upgrades which will keep me busy through 2009.

Good luck, you're on a good path!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • thehoopsthehoops Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks Bertieb
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    People are going to run 2003 for a long time. No harm in finishing that up.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...