Cache

DerekAustin26DerekAustin26 Member Posts: 275
Could someone elaborate on what "Cached out" means?

Such as you are unable to do something, change something, etc.. because it is cached out?

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Could someone elaborate on what "Cached out" means?

Such as you are unable to do something, change something, etc.. because it is cached out?

WOW, I'm showing my age icon_redface.gif

Never heard this term used.

http://www.netlingo.com/lookup.cfm?term=cached%20out

In the 'old' days when you'd have an employee 'cash out' their drawer, it would be for them to balance their receipts and money from the till. Likewise, a customer could be 'cashed-out' as in they'd have their merchandise rung up and pay.

Cache = storage

So, cached-out as it shows under the 'netlingo' says wiped out...if you cannot change something due to being 'cached-out' then it makes sense that it was purged from the storage or cache.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Plantwiz wrote:
    WOW, I'm showing my age icon_redface.gif

In the 'old' days when you'd have an employee 'cash out' their drawer, it would be for them to balance their receipts and money from the till.
    You're not the only one...I was a cashier wayyyy back when (first job when I was 16, half a lifetime ago) in a drug store, and we also used the term "cash out" to mean counting/balancing out the till.

I'd never heard the term "cached out" either, but now knowing the meaning, it does make sense.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It was new to me too. Did you guys come across Urban Dictionary while googling this?
    Cookied up and cached out

When your internet browser is acting funky and cannot access certain websites.

User: "I can't log into this website."

IT technician: "Yep, looks like your computer is all cookied up and cached out. No problem, I'll clear it up and you'll be logged in in no time."

I hadn't heard of that one either...
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    "Cached out" is what happens when one gets married... the storages are purged.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics