70-294 booked again for tomorrow

mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
Not sure it's a good idea putting this post here as I don't quite know if I will get this in the bag having failed it once with a 650 (ish). I have put in a good few days revision since my first fail so hopefully I should get this one passed tomorrow.

Comments

• aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Good luck! Just take your time, you have like 3.5 hours. The hardest part about this test was how it was worded. I read through the scenario, read the question/answers. Then I read through the scenario again to make sure that the answer I thought was right would make sense.
  • mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    aordal wrote:
    Good luck! Just take your time, you have like 3.5 hours. The hardest part about this test was how it was worded. I read through the scenario, read the question/answers. Then I read through the scenario again to make sure that the answer I thought was right would make sense.

Your right there! I think my last test was around half that time to take the test. Was a major rush to finish it I thought. Hopefully I will get a longer period and some easier questions. Cheers anyway and ta for all the advice/tips i've had from the forum so far. Some decent guys on here.
  • mklaromklaro Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cant recall but i think that was one of the exams that I didn't like because the question structure was terrible. One thing I have learned to do well is pull the crap out of the MS questions and get to the part that matters. Once you can learn that its much easier.
    A sigh of relief is the 2008 track is much better with that.

Take your time and don't second guess yourself. Good Luck!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck. icon_sad.gif I'm envious because my test centers have no December dates.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    YEEEES! :) Thank god for that. This was one weird exam. I saw the topics, I learnt the material and thought it would be a breeze as my strong areas are group policy and active directory in the real world, but this exam really is NOT clear in what it is asking for and there are multiple correct ways of doing things but only 1 answer is right.

It wasn't what I would call a comfortable pass (over 800) but a pass is a pass I guess. Score was 723 which is working out 1000 / 44 = 22.7. So i'm guessing taking simulations into consideration etc. I only passed by maybe 1 or 2 questions icon_eek.gif But hey, at least it wasn't a bang on 700 like my 291 exam lol.

I realise i'm not the best admin out there and people will get well into the 800-900's but for only 4 years in the IT industry and been 22, I guess I have learnt a fair whack of information and doing well to get an MCSA nevermind be only 2 exams away from an MCSE.

Good luck to anyone else taking this exam and the most important bit of information I can give for this one is to re-read the question as there's some very tricky wording and the definate answer is not easy to spot. Make use of your paper to plan out OUs etc.

Study materials: CBT Nuggets, UCertify practise exams and parts of MS Press.

p.s. I got 2 massive crashes on the simulation exams.....again!! icon_evil.gif Either prometric need to sort their servers out or its the broadband at my test centre. I'm placing my bets on prometric. She filed a complaint for me anyway, she was more annoyed than me lol.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations on passing!
    mr2nut wrote:
    I realise i'm not the best admin out there and people will get well into the 800-900's but for only 4 years in the IT industry and been 22, I guess I have learnt a fair whack of information and doing well to get an MCSA nevermind be only 2 exams away from an MCSE.

Don't worry, the score isn't really a reflection on how good of an admin you are, it is more of how good of a MS test taker you are. After all I'm the best admin out there and I only pulled a 700! :D
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    undomiel wrote:
    Congratulations on passing!
    mr2nut wrote:

Don't worry, the score isn't really a reflection on how good of an admin you are, it is more of how good of a MS test taker you are. After all I'm the best admin out there and I only pulled a 700! :D

Cheers. Yea I suppose that's true. Some people will pass these test wsith flying colours from theory but won't be able to put it into practise in the real world. It's still nice to pull of a comfortable pass than a few points over but ah sod it, i've passed it!

Just been looking into 70-297 and it appears that it's much harder than the 70-298 even though it's my stronger area. A few people have reported that, because AD has so many different ways of doing things, that the answers are very hard to pick out, where as with security, the key words are easier to spot guiding you to the definate answer better.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    undomiel wrote:
    After all I'm the best admin out there and I only pulled a 700! :D

The most humble too!

Congrats to OP icon_thumright.gif
    Cheers for the posts guys, only 2 more exams to go :D

I was thinking about doing 70-284 for my last exam, but as i'm getting impatient to get my MCSE, i've decided I might just take a 70-620 Vista client exam as it will be far easier, and 70-298. Would this be fine for my MCSE? From looking at the following link, it seems that way..

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-620.aspx

Once i've got MCSE status, I would then look at 70-284 for sure as i'm interested in Exchange.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote:

Sweeet, 70-620 and 70-298 to go then! Cheers