Obtaining Microsoft Partner Status

maxwellsmartmaxwellsmart Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Our company that does hosted solutions wants to host Exchange and ACT! for our clients. We also want to advretise on our new website these services. It has been brought to my attention that we need either 2 MCP's or 1 Tested Solution.

We have a CCIE on staff and a couple other high level Cisco cert holders. I wanted to know what certification would require the least ammount of Study time (or none) that they could take.
They also have experince setting up Exchange and Domain enviorments, but if there is one that focuses on the Networking side of things that would be best.

please don't reccomend 70-270, they are not desktop proficient.

Any ideas would be great as we really need this partnership ASAP.

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think your best bet would be to contact Microsoft directly.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • maxwellsmartmaxwellsmart Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK, Microsoft was no help. They just directed me to a site where al their tests are listed.

No one wants to help?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's barely been 90 minutes since your original post...

70-291 is going to be the one that has the most overlap with networking.

70-294 is the AD exam, if they're proficient in that.

Why don't they just go for one of the Exchange exams since it seems like that would be important to understand, given the circumstances.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You cannot even answer that in a simple sentense ..

It depends on so many things .. What you (or your company) have decide is which competency you want to gain ..

https://partner.microsoft.com/UK/program

s25vli.gif

Best thing is to check each competency and its requirements ...

Edit : (Unified Communications Solutions Competency)

dgnf6g.gif

And references are no big deal either .. you basically send an email with a link .. customer click that link, fill out some sort of survey and job done.

But again - there are more competencies which might make more sense to your company - the hosting one for example (needs two 70-501 MCPs) ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p