Options

ICND2 Passed / I'm a CCNA

kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just got back after my exam, passed with 958. It was probably the hardest exam I've taken so far. I was starting to get worried after I spent 20 minutes on a simulation, but all's well that ends well. Too bad I have 5 hours of work before I can relax and celebrate.

What CCNP exam do most people start with? I want to get started on that.

Comments

• Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Congratulations man, I'm getting ready to take the first part in February. Any particular reason you took the two exam route?
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Well the traditional first exam and typically the most difficult for most is BSCI, but you are free to take them in any order...

If you want to ease into it a bit you could start with BCMSN. Some people find a little more comfort doing that first coming right from CCNA. It all depends on your experience and comfort level. Good luck! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congratulations man, I'm getting ready to take the first part in February. Any particular reason you took the two exam route?

Same price as doing the single exam and I got a CCENT at the halfway point to CCNA. Plus if I passed ICND1 but failed ICND2 I would have to pay $125 to retake rather than $250.

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_santa.gif

BSCI or BCMSN are probably the "top 2" exams people take after they get their CCNA. icon_rendeer.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I would start with BSCI because alot of the others involve those routing protocols in one way or another.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck on your CCNP studies, it sure is interesting stuff :)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with those CCNP studies. I'd suggest starting with either BSCI or BCMSN, and going from there.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Thank everyone. I think I'm going to start with BSCI. I've been looking at related books, I can barely wait to get started, it looks like a lot of fun. (You know you're a nerd when you start calling routing protocols fun.) Tonight I've decided to take a break from studying and relax a bit. Now I'm off to make myself a drink.
  • Options
    dwtherockdwtherock Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOW Great job!

icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • Options
    NullCodeNullCode Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well i started with ISCW . If you like security and want toget the CCNA:S you can start with ISCW and then get CCNA:S (it has almost the same curriculum , ISCW>CCNA:S , i think )
    And then move to BSCI,BCMSN ,ONT .
    At least that is my goal and now i share it with you ;) .
    Why ISCW then CCNA:S then bsci,... ?
    Cause you have the info fresh and it will be easy to pass CCNA:S with a few hours of practice/reading.
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Well done man.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"