Failed the beast today

kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
Hey guys,

I took the 70-291 today and failed with a 379. Is this the lowest score possible? I knew that I was not ready but I wanted to get the best value from the 2nd chance deal. At least I know what to expect in another month.

Testout, Selftest, Syngress book, MS book, and VMware virutal machines are the items that will be used.

Happy holidays to all!!!!

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Ouch that's a pretty hard hit. I hope you bounce back from it good though! Don't let it get you down. Do you know what areas you had the most problems with? Best hit those books and study-study-study! Practice-practice too as that is what helps the best I believe.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    undomiel wrote:
    Ouch that's a pretty hard hit. I hope you bounce back from it good though! Don't let it get you down. Do you know what areas you had the most problems with? Best hit those books and study-study-study! Practice-practice too as that is what helps the best I believe.

Thanks undomiel,

every area was between 45-50% except for RRAS, 0 in that area. Strange, felt like I did fine on this area when taking the test.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Don't take it to heart, there are people who've passed this exam who have pulled zeros in RRAS. Sounds like you'll need to start from scratch if they're about even so just step up and get those VMs going. Good luck!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • jnwdmbjnwdmb Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I felt the same way when I was taking mine a couple weeks ago.....I only studied for 2 weeks before taking it knowing that I had a second shot coming.....felt like I had a chance to pass though, then was surprised by the results. I have been studying for another 2 weeks since and still score below what I would expect when taking my transcenders.......but here's a story for you:

Guy I go to school with who has worked in IT for 8 years and has held the title of System Administrator for a year...does his job pretty well according to his bosses...they have given him a raise since he got the position.....anyways.....they said that they wanted him to get certified in MCSE, he did great on his 270 & 290 ...but is now on his 4th attempt at the 291...and he works with Server 2003 every day.
    A+ IT Technician, Network +, Security+
    MCSA:M, MCSE:S
    (MS 270,290,291,293,294,298,299)
    MS Exchange 2003 (70-284)
    MCTS: Server 2K8 Virtualization(70-652 & 70-403)
  • gregsnowgregsnow Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I had the same experience today and also got 0 on Ras. I felt so confident and actually just wrote a post about disputing the score. I am going to call Prometric tomorrow
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Microsoft should make the second shot offer permanent.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Ouch, sorry to hear though.

Did you go through the labs in the MS Press or Syngress book? I would highly suggest you do if you haven't. I made the mistake of not going through the labs. Luckily I passed with a 700 (and yes a 0 on RRAS icon_wink.gif ), but it really came back to haunt me on the 293. So now I'm having to backtrack and do all the labs and lot of things are making more sense. I've worked with 2k3 servers for 5 years or so don't feel too bad, this is a hard test.

Good luck and happy holidays.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I too failed The Beast last week and got 0 on RRAS, does anyone not get 0???
    But have rescheduled (thanks to Second Shot) for a few weeks time.