A+ & Net+ Technotes

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
How are the A+ technotes from this site? Are they similiar to the Net+ in the fact that all I needed to pass N+ was the technotes?(props to Johan) icon_thumright.gif Just want to know if they are as Solid and in depth with every piece of info like the Network+ notes...( Webmaster -I could have posted this in either technote thread but I thought it might get over looked there. icon_confused.gif )

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think all the technotes here are greta, but I would highly reccomend you use more than just those to pass A+. With the new objectives, it's more difficult, and covers newer technology. I used Mike Myers AIO, and the technotes.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The Network+ exam is currently the only exam for which I covered all the exam objectives. The individual A+ Core TechNotes I wrote, are almost as complete as the Network+ TechNotes (although as someone else requested already, the CPU notes may need some updating), but I haven't written all the A+ Core TechNotes yet. I probably won't write any new A+ notes in the near future (unless I get a lot of request for a particular topic), as I was actually hoping someone else would pick it up and continue (so I can spend my time on the topics that interest me more).
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    garv221 wrote:
    How are the A+ technotes from this site? Are they similiar to the Net+ in the fact that all I needed to pass N+ was the technotes?(props to Johan) icon_thumright.gif Just want to know if they are as Solid and in depth with every piece of info like the Network+ notes...( Webmaster -I could have posted this in either technote thread but I thought it might get over looked there. icon_confused.gif )

I thought you'd not bother with the A+? :).

The notes here are solid. If you have exp, it should be pretty easy if you just remember you IRQ and DMAs. And remember how to get to things in OSs prior to XP :).

Also, know the traits of the Pentium II. The A+ is all about the PII for some reason.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    skully93 wrote:
    garv221 wrote:

The notes here are solid. If you have exp, it should be pretty easy if you just remember you IRQ and DMAs. And remember how to get to things in OSs prior to XP :).

Also, know the traits of the Pentium II. The A+ is all about the PII for some reason.
    Yes, I was just curious to how the technotes are.
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    skully93 wrote:

garv,

do you get the feeling we are tracking everything you've ever posted? ;)

I used Tcat Houser's notes from www.getcertify4less.com when I bought the voucher. Good stuff as well.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    lazyart wrote:
    skully93 wrote:

garv,

do you get the feeling we are tracking everything you've ever posted? ;)

I used Tcat Houser's notes from www.getcertify4less.com when I bought the voucher. Good stuff as well.

Yes, its not just big brother anymore... icon_lol.gif Thanks for the info!