Options

Takin' this tomorrow.

M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the 294 & 298 tomorrow. I have mixed feelings as to how I'm gonna' do on the test.
So, looking at the absolute worst, I registered both with second shot and tomorrow had fit best with my schedule before the New Year, before second shot expires. So I'll prolly retake whatever I fail sometime in January otherwise. Last minute advice?
Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?

Comments

• Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    Good luck and remember to look out for the 2 answers that are almost identical, but one word seperating the wrong from the right answer (slight exageration) but do read the answers first then the question. I found this really helped me but it may not do with you.

Be prepared for a lot of questions that dont make sense as MS have really messed this one up.
  • Options
    Well. To say the least, I'm glad I looked at the absolute worst, 'cuz that's what happened. icon_sad.gif
    294 = 567
    298 = 642

I definitely expected myself to pass the 294, but by the looks of it, I'm gonna' hit the books much harder. Although, I did see what you meant mr2nut for the wording.

Like, when the test wants X disabled, in the GP you'd have to make sure that the option was enabled.

I may brush up on the 298 and retake that Monday if I can find time and make sure I feel good about that one, but I really wanna' make more time for the 294...

Also, there was some slight communication on the 298. A buddy had told me that it was just a 30 minute exam, and I didn't research much more into it. I didn't realize that there were multiple case studies. X/ I prolly would have tried to find a way to fit that onto a different day altogether. So, I didn't get 5 hours of sleep, and I tested for 3+ hours. And then there was the drive to & from the testing center which is an hour each way...So, I'm pretty tired right now. Also I work nights so I had to go straight to work, which is where I'm at now.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    Thats really unlucky mate, sorry to hear about the fails but the 298 was damn close, probably 1-3 questions in it! On the 294, think you need to take a look at your weak areas on the sheet and try make those areas your stronger points. Although, don't look too much into the status bars on the printout as you will probably get different questions on these areas next time and you may not know these certain aspects of those areas. Most of the time when I retake the graphs completely swap around lol icon_lol.gif

Try ucertify.com They have some great practise questions and the areas are categorized just like the exam which is neat. Good luck for your 2nd shots
  • Options
    mr2nut wrote:
    Thats really unlucky mate, sorry to hear about the fails but the 298 was damn close, probably 1-3 questions in it! On the 294, think you need to take a look at your weak areas on the sheet and try make those areas your stronger points. Although, don't look too much into the status bars on the printout as you will probably get different questions on these areas next time and you may not know these certain aspects of those areas. Most of the time when I retake the graphs completely swap around lol icon_lol.gif

Try ucertify.com They have some great practise questions and the areas are categorized just like the exam which is neat. Good luck for your 2nd shots

Thanx for the words of encouragement buddy.
    I won't be able to make time on Monday, so I might retake 298 Friday if I feel I can do it.
    Yeah, I'll think about the ucertify stuff too. Sounds like it may be handy.