Am I on the right track?

MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
A bit about me first.

Started programming in 1981 using assembly language and C on PCs. Did that for 3 years and then went to work for a consultanting company where I programmed in Basic on a VAX system for the next 6 years.

Got back into PCs in early 1992 using Basic and was one of the first people in the province I live in to get certificated as a MCSE. In 1995 I took a job as an IT Manager, where the level of programming dropped off, but I still managed to do a fair bit of it using Visual Basic/ASP and later on .NET and C#.

After 14 years I got laid off, so now at the age of 49 I need to upgrade my technical skill set as I really don't want to end up in a boring management position for the remainder of my work career.

It appears to get the asp.net certification, I need the following:

Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation

Exam 70-562: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development

Exam 70-564: PRO: Designing and Developing ASP.NET Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

The Self Paced Study Guide for the 70-536 exam appears to be this book:

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0—Application Development Foundation?

I am confused as this is the study guide for .NET Framework 2.0 and the certification path seems to be for .NET 3.5 ... Is this correct?

For exams 70-562 and exam 70-564, I have not been able to find any self study guides? Is there some out there?

As I am off work and have limited funds and I really can't afford the full up courses.

Also does anyone know the cost of taking each exam? I think I read it was USD $125?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Dave.

Comments