Xmodem denied

Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
I need help with this one... Been reading here for a while, my interest for cisco-devices was awakened just a few months ago, and I just recently bought myself a cisco catalyst2900 switch. Payed 30€ for it (:D). Problem is there is no IOS on it. I captured a ios from a catalyst 2900 from my lab in school, and now I were about to use Xmodem to transfer it. But I get the following output:

switch: copy xmodem flash:c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin
xmodem: permission denied

How do I lift this denial? icon_mad.gif

Btw, I tried to use tftpdnld, but I get "not recognized" on that command >_>
CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    xmodem:

You forgot the ':'
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    Working. Damn, I thought my switch was totally scrapped or something! Haha, thanks a lot for that!
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You've got a working switch and you've already mastered one of the important IT skills -- knowing when to ask for help before giveing up on a problem. :D

Welcome to the forum! icon_rendeer.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    More help needed. My IOS file is 1.7mb.

switch: dir flash:
    Directory of flash:/

2 -rwx 106 <date> info
    3 -rwx 796 <date> config.text
    4 drwx 10752 <date> html
    174 -rwx 106 <date> info.ver
    176 -rwx 113 <date> env_vars

1220096 bytes available (507904 bytes used)
    switch:

Can I safely remove these files? Do I need to get myself another IOS? Maybe these files will be restored when I reinstall my new IOS?
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure what the enviroments vars do, but if I were you I would back them all up, you should be able to use xmodem for that as well. You can then try to fit the image on. It may be close since when you erase all those files you be around 1.72 free. If that doesn't work you can always get a smaller image
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't need the html directory
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    Argh, after doing a format flash: I still did not have enough memory to insert my image file. Seems like I need to fetch myself a new one.

Anyone has any other solution?