Any IT Strategy Developers/Planners out there?

darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
Anybody reading the forums work in IT Strategy Development/Planning?

Comments

• KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mostly you only see those type of title from the big corporation (internationa and big blue companies). In regular company, mostly the CIO, director and other sub IT unit director will be responsible for general IT strategry, sometime consultant is required.

Is there specific something or question that you are looking for?
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Just had a few questions to ask privately about the job. Thanks, though, guess not too many browsing these forums.
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I work closely with I.T. Strategy, Policy, and Planning folk in my organization. I'm in a Leadership Development Program within I.T., so I get involved with a lot of stuff. I've also taken an I.T. Strategy course during my MBA so far.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer the best I can!!

Good Rule of Thumb: Make sure the I.T. Strategic Plan is aligned with the organizations Strategic Plan and not some Plan drawn up by I.T. without regard to the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Plan is usually 3-5 years projected.

Famos
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    famosbrown wrote:
    Good Rule of Thumb: Make sure the I.T. Strategic Plan is aligned with the organizations Strategic Plan and not some Plan drawn up by I.T. without regard to the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Plan is usually 3-5 years projected.

Well said!

This is one of the "best practices" that ITIL espouses said in a no nonsense way.

It's also one of those things that seems simple that most companies are either unwilling or incapable of achieving.

MS
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    eMeS wrote:
    famosbrown wrote:

Well said!

This is one of the "best practices" that ITIL espouses said in a no nonsense way.

It's also one of those things that seems simple that most companies are either unwilling or incapable of achieving.

MS

Yeah, tell me about it!! The organization I'm with now has no choice since I.T. isn't heavily funded as the primary business lines.

I see that you are a Black Belt. I may have some questions and stuff when I embark on a project for my Green Belt :D !
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)