Passed 291 yesterday with full marks!!

lucifer_samlucifer_sam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I couldn't believe it when I finished the exam and the final score came up (after completing yet another survey). After I had finished my last question, I thought I had passed but not with full marks. I think that's a first for me in any exam yet.

To prepare, I just worked through the MS Press Training Kit from cover to cover (although I did have to skip some of the practices that required two dialup internet lines using different phone numbers - who has that these days?). When I had finished with the book I preped for any potential labs by practicing using the DNS, DHCP and Routing and Remote Access consoles and ADUC. I also played around with WSUS, IPSec and GPOs.

I used virtual PC with 3 evaluation versions of server 2003 for the practices and to generally muck about with.

Now I've just got the CCNA to crack and then decide on what to do next, maybe a bit of Linux or push on and upgrade to a MCSE.

Good luck to anyone attempting 291 or the MCSA in the future - It's all achievable!!

LS.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's very impressive, congratulations!

If you're thinking about the MCSE (which I highly encourage you to finish), you should consider doing 293 now because there is a good deal of overlap between that and 291.
  • lucifer_samlucifer_sam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I bought the MS Press Training kits for the 290 & 291 I got the box set that also includes 293 & 294 (just in case). I had a quick flick through the 293 book last night and your right I can see some overlap there. I need to take a break from MS now and finish off my CCNA, but when thats done I'm going to hit the 293 while I'm on a high.
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Congrats Sam! Thanks for letting us know what you used to prepare for the exam.

Thanks Dynamik for the info. After getting the MCSA, I planned to go a similar route like Sam and take a break from Microsoft exams. I had planned to go after the Linux+, but now that I know the 291 and 293 have a lot of overlap, I might as well skip Linux+, and go after the 293 after the 291.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Johno045Johno045 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW top marks well done :D:D:D

I studied a bit like you, and i also used virtual 2003 server setup, That makes life sooooo much easier.

Anyway congrats again for a fantastic score, you can now go and "PARTY ON" :D:D
    If you fail to Prepare "YOU" Prepare to FAIL
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats,
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.