Good practice labs...

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have a Vista VM and was looking for some good practice labs. Does anyone know of any site that maybe has some good practice lab scenarios that I could set up?
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    TechNet has some virtual labs for Vista that you can get to here - you can do them online in the virtual Vista lab, but you can also download the manuals and work through them on your own VM install of Vista. (Just a caveat - I haven't tried these myself, so I'm not quite sure how it works...I just had the link in my list of Vista resources I amassed when taking my exam.)

Do you have the MS Press book for 620 or any of the other Vista exams? There were some great exercises to work through in the 620 book that covered the scope of the exam quite well.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote:
    TechNet has some virtual labs for Vista that you can get to here - you can do them online in the virtual Vista lab, but you can also download the manuals and work through them on your own VM install of Vista. (Just a caveat - I haven't tried these myself, so I'm not quite sure how it works...I just had the link in my list of Vista resources I amassed when taking my exam.)

Do you have the MS Press book for 620 or any of the other Vista exams? There were some great exercises to work through in the 620 book that covered the scope of the exam quite well.

i do have the Self Paced Training Kit for 70-620
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
    I haven't had any coffee yet so maybe I'm a little fuzzy, but isn't that the same site I linked to above? Not trying to be snarky, just making sure I'm not going batty...

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You took the time to format the link all nicely, and cbigbrick got all the credit. See what happens why you try to be an over-achiever? icon_lol.gif
    skrpune wrote:
    I haven't had any coffee yet so maybe I'm a little fuzzy, but isn't that the same site I linked to above? Not trying to be snarky, just making sure I'm not going batty...

it is, thank you!
    dynamik wrote:
    You took the time to format the link all nicely, and cbigbrick got all the credit. See what happens why you try to be an over-achiever? icon_lol.gif
    yeah, and you *know* I'm here for all the glory! icon_wink.gif

I was just seriously half asleep (it was a late night drunken_smilie.gif, mainlining coffee now) and going wait, wha..., I thought, hey wait... :D Glad to know I'm not going totally loopy. (Just sorta.)

• cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    My apologies...I guess I owe some a beer again....
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.