CISSP Exam: Nov 2008 Attempt

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome. It's too bad you have the holidays extending that wait though.

So are you glad your earlier date was canceled and you got some more study time, or do you still wish you could have taken it then?

Oh, and no rush on that blog article. I think you've earned a little CISSP vacation; I can wait until after the holidays ;)
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Nice JD...its good you feel confident on the results...hope for the best!!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I really don't care about the wait for the results. I'm just glad that I have my life back. If I failed the exam, I won't bother trying again until the second half of 2009. I have too many other projects that I need to attend to for a while (like learning how to use my BlackBerry Storm that I got just a few days ago).

And I was more prepared for the exam in December than I was in November, but I'd still rather have taken it a month (or two) ago.
  • vivek2727vivek2727 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    I keep reading posts of people who say there were a lot of digital forensics questions on their exam, so I'm reading the first few sections of NIST SP800-86 just in case.

Did this statement hold true ? :P
    vivek2727 wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:
    I keep reading posts of people who say there were a lot of digital forensics questions on their exam, so I'm reading the first few sections of NIST SP800-86 just in case.

Did this statement hold true ? :P
    Oh yes. Know your sh*t there too.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Results came in today, 11 days after the exam. I passed!!! What a great time to make this an even better holiday season.

Happy holidays all
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Do you already have an endorser lined up?
    Yes I do. I'm meeting with him monday when he gets off of vacation to take care of the paperwork and submit it to ISC2 before the new year.

I'm now considering the ISSAP or ISSEP end of year 2009....
    Well, there must be something to the observation that the (ISC)2 sends exam results out on Fridays, because I just received this email this Friday morning:
    Dear James Murray: Congratulations!

We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) examination - the first step in becoming certified as a CISSP.
    icon_cheers.gificon_cool.gif

Now I've got to track down my endorser.
    Awesome! So how's it feel to know you can get on with your life? icon_lol.gif
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Congrats to both of you!
    dynamik wrote: »
    Awesome! So how's it feel to know you can get on with your life? icon_lol.gif
    Oh, I got on with my life as soon as I stepped out of the exam room. Had I failed, I would not have tried retaking it for at least 9-12 months. Still, it's very nice to know that I can cross one more thing off my "bucket list."
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    Yes I do. I'm meeting with him monday when he gets off of vacation to take care of the paperwork and submit it to ISC2 before the new year.

I'm now considering the ISSAP or ISSEP end of year 2009....

I have always wondered about this; people usually only go for the CISSP and that it is, rareley do you ever see people going for the CISSP concentrations? do have an idea of overall value or the market value they bring to you? I am very interested in knowing this.
  • gwamakagwamaka Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congraltulations JD ! We are now waiting for a good write up on your whole experience of the exam, from preparation to taking the test.

JDMurray wrote: »
    Oh, I got on with my life as soon as I stepped out of the exam room. Had I failed, I would not have tried retaking it for at least 9-12 months. Still, it's very nice to know that I can cross another thing off my "bucket list."
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Well, there must be something to the observation that the (ISC)2 sends exam results out on Fridays, because I just received this email this Friday morning:

Congrats JD.
    Congrats JD! We all knew that you would have no problems passing this one.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin

Congrats James!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats JD!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats to both of you on the pass!!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats JD Murray !!!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

Well, it only took one week after faxing off my endorsement form and resume. Now I'm official:
    Dear James Murray:

Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) designation!

Based upon your examination results, a review of your application and acceptance of your endorsement, the (ISC)2 Board of Directors awarded you with the CISSP designation. By virtue of becoming certified by (ISC)2, you are a member of the (ISC)2 Electorate and have certain voting privileges that are specified in the (ISC)2 Bylaws.

Your certificate will be shipped to the address listed above.
    I guess I'll give you an "official" congrats then ;)
    It may seem only like a formality, but believe me, there's a big difference between passing the exam and getting the final "you're in!" email. icon_cheers.gif
    I can imagine. Like the wait just to get your results wasn't long enough, eh? icon_lol.gif
    For me, the worst part of the wait was in my needing to put the CISSP on my resume. I'm looking for employment right now and I want to use it to find more opportunities.
    icon_cheers.gif

That looks great. I'm not going to have a chance to read it until later though. What's part two going to be about? That looks pretty comprehensive at first glance.
  • gwamakagwamaka Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    icon_cheers.gif

That looks great. I'm not going to have a chance to read it until later though. What's part two going to be about? That looks pretty comprehensive at first glance.

+1, great review JD. We are still waiting for the more juicy stuff on the preparation method, and what materials you think were most helpful.