Great Site for Subnetting

640-801640-801 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
It is obvious that subnetting is challenging topic, but as human nature eveyone feels certain things are is simple and easy after they understand very well (you name it)

I have been struggling for more than a month now, which may surprise many of you guys, even myself I feel bad sometimes (the length and time spent on this bloody subnetting) however I am now getting right, and therefore I want to share those who are still in need to master subnetting to see this link.

http://faculty.valleycollege.net/rpowell/jscript/subnet2.htm

This links will not teach subnetting from A to Z, but it will help to practice what you have learned from other sources.

I really appreciate for the good work here, by posting helpfull stuff, I like those who are here to benefit from, and to assist others*****when some topics frustrate me to understand I just read here, and I found it is not only me who have this problem, then I get relived.

Many Thanks
CCENT in progress

Comments

• drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    That is a great site, thanks!

Drew
  • nounlunounlu Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pretty awesome. Thanks
  • johnashjohnash Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great stuff 640-801!!!!
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Great site!

For those who haven't seen this link: http://www.subnettingquestions.com/ it's helpful as well.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, good find! :)
  • boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
    This is my favorite so far.

MODERATED

substitute the x's with b l o g s p o t . Obviously, take out the spaces :D
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■

MODERATED

I didn't bother to check if that blog was original content or copied from another site -- the links to **** and **** site was enough to get it moderated.

icon_rendeer.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    I apologize for violating any rules, but I didn't find anything like you found on that site. This site is also referenced in this post http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41644 without moderation.
    I didn't find anything like you found on that site.
    Right hand column. A **** site has posted under customer feedback, and got their own link under the links section. The next link site is a popular site to **** and steal **** and copyrighted materials. Then after the 2 links to the Cisco CCNA/CCNP Prep Centers, there is a link to a "pay site" that has spammed us in the past.
  • dongargon4dongargon4 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
  • LordFlasheartLordFlasheart Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:

MODERATED

I didn't bother to check if that blog was original content or copied from another site -- the links to **** and **** site was enough to get it moderated.

icon_rendeer.gif
    *Cough, cough* - it's my site and it is 100% original. Shame you see the need to mod it out but hey-ho each to their own I guess. Just trying to make a few pennies from links as unsurprisingly nobody fancied donating a quid for all of my blood, sweat, and tears icon_wink.gif
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    *Cough, cough* - it's my site and it is 100% original. Shame you see the need to mod it out but hey-ho each to their own I guess. Just trying to make a few pennies from links as unsurprisingly nobody fancied donating a quid for all of my blood, sweat, and tears icon_wink.gif

Did you even read why it was moderated? If so and you still contend that you are just trying to make a few pennies, that must mean you condone piracy and cheating. The only link I saw there that was a sponsored (as in you earn money) link was the braindump link. Perhaps you used a service to insert the ad and didn't have control, but you can still exclude it. And the other link is notorious for aiding in the distribution of pirated materials, that link is not a sponsored link which must mean you condone theft of copyrighted materials.

Regarding your comment "nobody fancied donating a quid for all of my blood, sweat, and tears". I think you pretty much remove yourself from any remote chance of getting any donations by default, since you condone pirating others materials... icon_rolleyes.gif

It sounded from the "customer comments" like you might have originally posted it in the Cisco Forums -- I was thinking about hunting there (or the old Cisco Certification Discussion archives that they finally cleaned of **** links and copyright violations) since it did look good. But I see the content is now posted on a study and hard work friendly certification site. :D

The best you can hope for sometimes is that the Noob you help today could be the network tech/admin that doesn't screw up your network tomorrow.
  • LordFlasheartLordFlasheart Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes I do understand the irony of the situation because as an employer I run practicals for potential employees and can weed out those that **** their way through everything from those that know their stuff, hence I minimise the risk of my network being stuffed up by some 2 week Cisco Kid. My blog has been running a little over a year and has, by the looks of it plus the endless positive feedback, helped thousands of people, whether it be subnetting or setting up GNS3, hell, even Vyatta has surfaced now. Maybe my morals are somewhat skewed and I am certainly not holier than thou like you guys but be under no illusion that I set the blog up to help people master what can be a very tricky subject to get one's head around. The content has got more diverse now but it is all there to help people starting out in the networking world but it essentially the content that people visit the blog for. If I make a tiny (and I mean tiny) trickle of cash along the way then so be it. I honestly don't lose sleep over it.

Thinking about it, I may as well add the ads to my list of vices. Mmmm, let me see; smoking, drinking, supporting Charlton (very bad for your health), two links and a discreet ad on my blog so I run the gauntlet from my peers :-p - the list goes on. As I put earlier I respect your decision (the "hey-ho" comment). I just hope that some of your members find the content helpful.

Regards
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thinking about it, I may as well add the ads to my list of vices. Mmmm, let me see; smoking, drinking, supporting Charlton (very bad for your health), two links and a discreet ad on my blog so I run the gauntlet from my peers :-p - the list goes on. As I put earlier I respect your decision (the "hey-ho" comment). I just hope that some of your members find the content helpful.

Regards

Have you thought about signing up for a PrepLogic or Trainsignal affiliate program? TechExams has sponsored links for these companies.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    lordflashheart, the link was edited because the blog contains ads for known brain **** sites. It wasn't a commentary of the value of your materials. Plain and simple. Brain **** are a violation of exam policies and put certifications at risk. And they kinda tick off those people who work hard on their own and do not **** to get their certifications. I'm not saying you *do* **** or that you *knowingly* support **** sites, but there are brain **** links on your blog and so to the people who visit your, it looks like you DO support them since they are on your site.

This site does a great job of keeping brain **** sites/links at bay, don't fault the mod's here for doing their job and keeping the place clean. If you're looking for an audience to be sympathetic to your brain **** links, then you're looking in the wrong place.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    The topic was Great Site for Subnetting -- let's get back on it.

**** are for Chumps. We know that. But part of the reason for icon_wm.gif's Zero Tolerance **** Policy is that any discussion of **** -- pro or con -- is off topic and not useful to our main purpose of helping people study and EARN their certifications.

People searching this forum for Subnetting information don't want to find a full blown **** discussion.