Options

Thinking about taking it.

I'm really thinking about trying for my mcsa:security. I took the 70-270 and passed it in like 05 I think. I was wondering if my study materials are good enough. I have the Microsoft 70-290 book, a Thompson book I used for my server 2003 class, and I'll use the TechNotes on here. I have had a formal class on server 2003 and infratructure, as well as, 2 years off and on hands on experience.
I bring nothing useful to the table...

Comments

• Options
    ronpasa69ronpasa69 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also preparing for 70-290. I strongly recommend Transcender sim exams. Great learning tool as well with their explanations.
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Oh yeah, I've used Transcender stuff before. Excellent test prep material. I'm not sure I'm going to use it on this exam. I think I can just get it by brushing up, and doing some labs with stuff I don't remember.
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I'm dragging my feet. I just can't seem to get motivated to do it.
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    Personally, I would read a lot of different sources for this test. I used exam prep and found it lacking. They write great books, but it is more of a refresher then a stand alone source. I think the your best shot is sitting down and spending most of your time getting to know the GUI and dos apps by heart. Spend a lot of time creating accounts,groups, ADUC, permissions, shares, backing up, ect.
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.