print driver problem

we have printer HP laserjet 8150 I had installed both PCL and PS drivers i have installed both PCL work , PCL is worked , my problem with PS driver i installed created new printer local port but didnt work any doncumants could help me

Comments

• azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Use the "add a printer" wizard to create a "local printer" and select the port that you are using for the PCL driver. Create a printer using the PS driver and voila. I'm assuming you are either using USB or TCP/IP. Didn't give enough details to troubleshoot much further than this. :)

or you can follow this link to Technet.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780830.aspx
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    i added second logical printer and other steps , but didnt work icon_sad.gif
    Can you give us a few more details? how is the printer connecting? USB, TCP/IP, parallel? What OS are you using. is it shared or standalone.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    this may be a silly question, but did you make sure that the PS driver is the correct version for your OS? And is it just documents that don't print, or does a test page print ok? Do all users have no ability to print to the PS printer?
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    yeah we dowloaded right driver for xp 64-bit , and we are using TCP/IP , XP SP2 64-BIT , it is shared for other clients in the network , no one able to print on PS we dont have problem with PCL
    Are all clients using xp x64 or only a few. Are you using a server and if so what is your server os? is it x64 as well? can you print from the server using the PS driver? Can you install the printer on one of the pc's and print directly to the printer through IP. how is the printer connected to the network. HP jetdirect? Network print server or shared through a pc?
    Currently Studying: