Did you get what you wanted?

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
Beer, gourmet cheese and sausage, and some gift cards here. I don't have room for anything else, so its a nice change to get some consumable gifts. I'm glad everyone caught on and didn't get me anything I had to return or eBay icon_lol.gif

How about the rest of you?

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was again hoping for World Peace.... I'm holding out hope until the newsies go back to work. icon_rendeer.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I too got lots of consumables, which are the best gifts. I had to work the night before, got home at 7am, and went into a mimosa and venison jerky coma for about 12 hours. Woke up, and made my way into the sweet stuff.
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Cakewalk Kinetic 2 icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My wife got the flu on x-mas eve, that took most of the fun out of that day for her but she wasn't in very bad shape so we still made it to my side of the family. Not much in the way of gifts other than cash from just about everybody. We put off x-mas day which we do at her side of the family until New Years Day which I'm sure will be some books or Amazon gift cards or cash. Appears my wife is giving me the flu for x-mas too!
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GPS, some Wii stuff, games, blu-rays, and a book on Social Engineering...all and all a good Christmas. Didn't get one book I wanted about my favorite President (Andrew Jackson) so I'll have to pick it up myself. Now if only Santa or God can send me a job!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Some clothes and a Zune(!). Learning how to use it now. Not sure I like their system for managing podcasts at all.
    -Daniel
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    my wife actually outgifted me this year...she got me a PS3!!!! :D:D:D But just my luck, it wont even POST icon_sad.gif so tomorrow Im going to exchange it so I can play Metal Gear Solid 4 already.

I got a bunch of booze too...you know, to go along with the PS3 :P
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    PS3 + booze = fun.
    -Daniel
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    My 11 month old son got quite a few things. I was very happy for that. As for me, I didn't get much. My brother and his wife got me a 1 gig mp3 player. I smiled and said thanks as I put it away. I've got an 80 gig zune so this thing will be passed on to someone else.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My fiancee got a me a bunch of cool little things, a massage chair for my computer chair, and a new Ralph Lauren wallet. It's very nice.

My parents got me:
    a 2" memory foam topper for my bed (it was amazing to sleep in)
    a Triple A membership (icon_sad.gif )
    and a Rice Cooker (I'm never even home! and I rarely eat rice anymore icon_sad.gif )

My sister gave me a $50 gift card and this really cool Super Mario hat. Ordered 4GB more of RAM for my beast icon_lol.gif
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I ended up getting a bunch of DVD's, some Wii Games, some gift cards, and some really nice cloths and shoes for work. Sounded lame when I was a kid, but these days I know what dress cloths cost and I ask for them every year.

My wife renewed my gym membership for a year. I only bought 1 month to see how I would like it (I haven't worked out in years) and I love it. I feel great and my friend is getting a membership so I still have my workout partner. My wife knew I liked it but that I wouldn't spend the money on myself.

**That is the problem with my job and most IT jobs..... I sit in front of a computer all day and get no exercise!
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MS Press 70-620 book and gift cards. I'm so easy to shop for lol.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
    I ended up getting a bunch of DVD's, some Wii Games, some gift cards, and some really nice cloths and shoes for work. Sounded lame when I was a kid, but these days I know what dress cloths cost and I ask for them every year.

My wife renewed my gym membership for a year. I only bought 1 month to see how I would like it (I haven't worked out in years) and I love it. I feel great and my friend is getting a membership so I still have my workout partner. My wife knew I liked it but that I wouldn't spend the money on myself.

**That is the problem with my job and most IT jobs..... I sit in front of a computer all day and get no exercise!

Yep icon_sad.gif I need to get my butt back in the gym. icon_redface.gif
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Hey FadeToBright,

Nice avatar! icon_cool.gif
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got a nice watch from the girlfriend, and all the adults just exchanged gift cards. We bought for the kids instead. Will use mine towards a new draft-N router for the house.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Argh. Two Mario avatars! Confusing! :D

I got the usual random items. Nothing technical or consumable tho. I did get a bottle of Ferrari cologne which is probably the closest I'll get to ever owning a real Ferarri...
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I got: -

Oral B 8900 Electric Toothbrush - this is awesome-o!
    Monty Python Flying Circus - complete boxset = WIN
    24: Redemption = WIN x2
    Deodarants
    Wine
    Chocolate.

Over all, a nice little haul icon_cool.gif
  • nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas. I got a fancy old-fashioned double sided razor and all the accessories from my girlfriend, she also gave me a new wallet (my old one had fallen apart months ago:) ).
    Hey FadeToBright,

Nice avatar! icon_cool.gif

icon_lol.gif thanks, you too!!
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I can't remember who it was, but a funny comedian once said: "Gift cards are stupid. Why would you take cash which is accepted everywhere and turn it into a card that is only accepted in one place?" :D
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Specifically requested (and received) a 70-620 book from my daughter in order to avoid getting another shirt.

Needless to say I got 3 shirts from other members of the family icon_sad.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Coincidentally, that's my only 2009 resolution. ;)
    JDMurray wrote:
    Coincidentally, that's my only 2009 resolution. ;)

Same here, just hard with full time work, school and fiancee icon_lol.gif
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I'm still waiting for the bulk of my Christmas presents to be delivered, so I can't really say yet. icon_sad.gif UPS seems to have difficulty with the concept of actually PRESSING the button on my intercom system, so they've come & gone TWICE now without delivering the package that has three presents from my husband, sigh. But on an upnote, I do get an extended Christmas! One package came in time for Christmas - it had a really nice pen/pencil set & an 8GB USB stick - and one package came today with some really nice sterling silver/blue topaz celtic knot earrings. Very purdy! So far, so good!

From my parents, I got a nice check in the mail - with instructions to go buy warm winter coats for me & the husband & put the rest towards our bills. My parents are crazy. I keep telling them to keep their money for themselves for retirement, but their response is "But we want to give you stuff now & see you enjoy it before we die!" (Yes, a bit morbid, I know.)

We got a really nice basket from my husband's aunt/uncle - Green Mountain coffee, buttermilk pancake mix, and real Vermont maple syrup. It's what we had for dinner on Christmas Eve...and breakfast on Christmas. YUM! :D

We also got a book - "Behind the Scenes" from the America's Test Kitchen series. GREAT show with great cooking tips & recipes. Some videos were supposed to come with it as well, but they probably are being delivered by the same UPS guy that can't figure out how to work our intercom system... icon_confused.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    For Christmas, I got a Wii!! I also received an additional Wii game which is ok.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    i gots me the G11 gaming keyboard
    MX518
    and thermals.
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    I'm getting a phat paycheck :D I worked both Christmas and boxing day(like black Friday, just Canadian and a stat).
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Kids were all well chuffed with what we got them (neighbour isn't ... 2 guitars, electric keyboard and a drum mwuahaha ... teach him to come home drunk and with lots of friends at 3am and keep us all awake till 6am!)

Mrs loved what I got her. I got the usual for someone nobody can ever think what to get for AND this year, an indoor helecopter for a change... great fun until I smacked it into a wall and as it hit the ground the cat had it... oh well.. short but sweet.

I did get the only actual present I want every year... slap up lunch and family watching the afternoon film whilst I happily fall asleep on the sofa and drift in and out until it the film is over and it is time for turkey/salad/beetroot/mayo sandwiches.... Those sandwiches are worth putting up with christmas for.

Happy New Year to you all.
    Kam.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    All I got was a broken Exchange server at home. icon_sad.gif

Work gave us all a cool gift hamper, wine, chocolate and crackers. Wife and I ate out at a good restaurant, slimmed down my hip pocket...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com