TrainSignal Versus CBT Nuggets

rterrasirterrasi Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good morning to all: I am in need of some advice about the products listed above-Train Signal and CBT Nuggets.

I have made the decision to pursue Cisco certification, and I will start with the CCENT first. So far I have accumulated the following material:

Wendell Odems Cisco press books ICND1 & 2
Todd Lamle's Sybex CCENT book
Boson Netsim

The Cisco press books also come with Boson testing software; the ICND1 has about 161 questions by itself. I have been reading these forums for about 3 weeks now and alot of people out there have mentioned video training such as CBT nuggets. I have reviewed both sights and I have some questions for anyone who has experienced one or both of these products.

Instructors: Chris Bryant or Jeremy Cioara? is there a preference on whom is the more accomplished instructor?

Product:CBT Nuggets or TrainSignal? Again, does anyone believe one is better than the other or are they both good?

I looked at both sites and I am slightly leaning towards Trainsignal as far as cost because for just $297, it includes the video instruction and a full version of the Transcender exam, while for $299 CBT offers just the video instructions.

I honestly feel that with the material I already have, one of these products will surely complete what I need to tackle Cisco. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank You

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    They both seem to be high quality products so you will most likely just get peoples preference on which one they liked best. I doubt there is a clear "which is better."

My preference are the CBT Nuggets. I love Jeremy as an instructor. I watched some of the Trainsignal stuff but it was boring to me. Its hard to stay focused with a dry instructor IMO.

Good luck on the exam!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think the consensus is that Jeremy is more entertaining, but Chris goes into more depth. That pack with the Transcender is a pretty sweet deal. I think that earns TS my vote. I used TS myself, but I've heard the Nuggets are good too (as always).
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I think the consensus is that Jeremy is more entertaining, but Chris goes into more depth.

+1

If you have a hard time focusing on technical material then CBT is the way to go. Jeremy will definitely grab your attention and make the stuff “fun”. The Train Signal series definitely goes into more detail but at the expose of being a little dry. Kind of like someone reading you a technical book bedtime story!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT