Options

BCMSN Schedule 27th dec **PASS**

karanckaranc Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
well this will be my first cisco exam in which i am not excited going to the exam ...dont know why...may be the switching world is not as exciting as routing world.......i feel their is a lot more theory in BCMSN ...then in BSCI ....which made it boring for me ...and also i couldnt do much of practice ....only limited to GNS3 ......i hope and wish to clear it in first try and move on to I....

have gone through cbt 2-3 times ....and cisco self study guide 3 times. few boson labs and rest GNS3 practice.....

will let u all know how it went on 27th
next exam -> ICSW (CCNP 50% done)

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    3 hrs left .........feeling like i dont remmber anything icon_sad.gif........nervous....
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    good luck!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_rendeer.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    So, how'd it go? Don't leave us in suspense!!! :D

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't you just hate that? :) Good luck man! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- they should outlaw bars within 1000 yards/meters of testing centers. We get too many delayed exam results due to people starting their celebrations (or drowning their sorrows) as soon as they walk out of the test center. :D

icon_santa.gif
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- they should outlaw bars within 1000 yards/meters of testing centers. We get too many delayed exam results due to people starting their celebrations (or drowning their sorrows) as soon as they walk out of the test center. :D

icon_santa.gif
    I disagree...I think they should administer exam *in* bars, so you can celebrate (or commiserate) with others as soon as you're outta the test room! If they toss in an on-site cab company, then they've got all their bases covered!! icon_lol.gif

• Options
    skrpune wrote:
    I think they should administer exam *in* bars
    Well.... the perfect test center would be in a Starbucks in or near a hotel (so you don't have to drive) with a Bar (for the post-exam celebration or sorrow) -- near the beach or in an amusement park (or near the slopes for the snow bunnies) -- with free internet access (and internet kiosks) so that you could report your exam results here.

For the "wild crowd" here I guess there could be a Las Vegas option with beverage service and floor shows during the exam.
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    skrpune wrote:
    Well.... the perfect test center would be in a Starbucks in or near a hotel (so you don't have to drive) with a Bar (for the post-exam celebration or sorrow) -- near the beach or in an amusement park (or near the slopes for the snow bunnies) -- with free internet access (and internet kiosks) so that you could report your exam results here.

For the "wild crowd" here I guess there could be a Las Vegas option with beverage service and floor shows during the exam.
    alright, you win! bowing.gif

...but if there's a beverage service & shows available before the exam, something tells me that some people might not even make it *to* their exam!

• Options
    dorry folks for updating it little late.......was in party mood ......finally ...2 down for my CCNP ....so half way to my marathon.

test exerience......well i think cisco should put more thougths on simulators ...as i feel them very easy ...simple do this types..........for professionals of cisco they should make it little tougher .....just a thought.

time to update my signature ...just luv this part ...after every exam :D

next is ISCW as have to do some site-to-site vpn and remote logins ....on all the 3 islands here ....so i guess this would be fun ....study with live project .
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congtats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    karanc wrote:
    was in party mood
    If there is a "reporting delay" we do prefer that it be due to celebrations! drunken_smilie.gif

icon_rendeer.gif
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Congratulations!!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    mikej412 wrote:
    skrpune wrote:

And here I just bring a hip-flask with some Johnnie Walker Blue Label in it for celebration/lamentation of my score. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Have to agree with the comment on the simulations, but then I'm going to be ambivolent about it and say that I don't agree :D

I think the simulations go far enough... trouble is, if you make them too difficult, then where do you draw the line?

There just seems less to configure than say, an MS sim though I'll admit...

GUI's are fat though, the CLI is the blade.... getting to the point.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Well done on the pass, and good luck with the ISCW.