Options

NM-1FE-2W in 2610xm

hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
So I decided to pop my christmas present (NM-1FE-2W) in to my 2610xm and it doesn't see the FE interface. According to some random page in the huge cluster of cisco documentation, the 2610XM doesn't support the NM-1FE-2W. Can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• Options
    I wish Cisco would simplify their product lines, licensing, and OS versions.
    God forbid they would make an affordable router that actually has all the features needed.

I'm sick of buying 2500, 2600, 2600XM, etc only to find out they are inadequate in RAM, version, flash, ports, etc.

Who woulda thought a 2610XM with an NM slot couldn't really make use of a FE NM? **** Cisco. I'm selling all this **** today.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The "Portable Product Sheet - Module Crossref" confirms - no support for NM-1FE2W in the 2600XM routers.

The NM-1FE2W is only supported in the 2691, 3620, 3640, 366x, 3725, 3745, 3825, and 3845 routers.

The only supported LAN Network Modules in the 2600XMs are the NM-1E, NM-4E, and NM-16EWS.

The only supported "WIC Slot Adding Network Modules" in the 2600XMs is/are the NM-2W.

You should also be able to check individual module/device data sheets to find supported modules/routers.

The old CCNA talked about the modular routers -- and the CCNA Network Academy course mentioned that just because a module fits in a router doesn't mean it's supported.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Yup. The 2600/2600XM doesn't support any of the combo NMs. You'll need a 3600 or better for that.
  • Options
    It's cool guys...

I just stole a pair of 3745's out of production and did some rerouting so nobody will notice. I'll probably just light them all on fire at the end of day today and then surf on over to juniper.com!
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hypnotoad wrote:
    It's cool guys...

I just stole a pair of 3745's out of production and did some rerouting so nobody will notice. I'll probably just light them all on fire at the end of day today and then surf on over to juniper.com!

I'd suggest you goto juniper.net after you burn your Cisco gear icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    hypnotoad wrote:
    It's cool guys...

I'd suggest you goto juniper.net after you burn your Cisco gear icon_wink.gif

Et Tu Brute?
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    LBC90805 wrote:
    Et Tu Brute?

Just want to make sure he visits the correct page icon_lol.gif