2611 Router not retaining startup-config

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
After working on the router and saving my running-config, as soon I reset the router it's asking me if I want to go to setup mode, it looks like the memory that's holding out the startup is not retaining it, any issue what might be causing this? I will upgrade the IOS and see if that fixes it.

Comments

• jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    jbaello wrote:
    After working on the router and saving my running-config, as soon I reset the router it's asking me if I want to go to setup mode, it looks like the memory that's holding out the startup is not retaining it, any issue what might be causing this? I will upgrade the IOS and see if that fixes it.

See if your configuration register is set to0x2102 when you do a #show version. If not, change it to that. That is the default value that will let it boot normally.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I am not mistaken I believe I changed the config register when I was playing with the router, let me try that.
    jbaello wrote:
    If I am not mistaken I believe I changed the config register when I was playing with the router, let me try that.

That's probably the problem, be sure and reload after you change it.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    jmc012 wrote:
    jbaello wrote:

99.9% sure thats the issue :)
    shednik wrote:
    jmc012 wrote:
    jbaello wrote:

99.9% sure thats the issue :)

I've just been studying a couple months so I was only 95.9% sure. icon_smile.gif
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I had this exact same problem on a few routers and it ended up being the config register...
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    /usr wrote:
    I had this exact same problem on a few routers and it ended up being the config register...

+ 1 lawl, good thing that this thing is starting to pop-up it's good cause now I have my eye on you little config-register icon_twisted.gif