Passed CEH Exam today! (6April2006)

holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
This is my second attempt on this one, first round I got a 65% and today I just scored a 77%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TEST!!

The wording of the questions is what really threw me off...... it seems they like to throw rediculously strangely worded questions at you to eliminate the chance that you could possibly cross out 2 bullshit answers... I'm so glad I'm done with that Agonizing exam, 125 questions is rough on the ass :)

Phil

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats, I passed this exam over a year ago, and I agree it's definitely not to be taken lightly. But you did it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Celebrate. icon_wink.gif
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    sweet dude, congrats!
    witty comment
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • mctoffermctoffer Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass... pls share us your review and test experience.. thanks...
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well, to be honest, the first time I took it (which was 2 weeks ago) it was very shocking to see the challenge of some of the questions. I mean, I studied so much and I bet I had at least 50 or so questions in which I had no clue the answer to.... now that's challenging! So I failed it with a 65% - so I got home that same day, tried to remember some of the topics in which I had difficulty with and Googled those up, found some explanations and detailed sites talking about those topics, which were IV's in wireless, some on SSL and incorporating into a network with an active NIDS (Network-based Intrusion Detection System) - some on using Airsnort and capturing WEP keys..... others hmmm, I studied up on encryption some more, it has been since last year when I passed the Security+..... know your UNIX/LINUX command lines and using Snort (IDS) , Ettercap, Ethereal... I set those up on my lab in my house... helped me a bit. Big thing is know how to read Snort logs or Honeypot logs and know how to analyze it to find a certain type of attack which none of my preparation material even went into.... CBT Nuggets nor LearnKey had anything on that... it hurt me a lot on the test. KNOW THAT and command line stuff in Windows / UNIX / LINUX , very important. Know your ports that apply to hacking... know SMB and NetBIOS and the ports it uses... know null sessions... very important. This you will find out from watching LearnKeys interactive training. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

Phil
  • devilson911devilson911 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass,i feel that the exam is not that much taff,we need only to read the matrial fully and then we can apply for the exam.

what is your future plan.
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
    Heading back to the states soon.... leaving the military ... we'll see what happens... probably going back to school to finish my communications degree, care of the military :)

I have a couple of hook-ups, a pretty loaded resume/CV, and a good supportive family, I'm sure I'll be fine. I may start studying for that CHFI exam.. see how that will go, only 50 questions on it, no more 125 questions like that CEH exam, my GOD!!! :)

Phil
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Congrats...thats my next exam then CISSP...
    What next?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tried to remember some of the topics in which I had difficulty with and Googled those up, found some explanations and detailed sites talking about those topics, which were IV's in wireless, some on SSL and incorporating into a network with an active NIDS (Network-based Intrusion Detection System) - some on using Airsnort and capturing WEP keys..... others hmmm, I studied up on encryption some more, it has been since last year when I passed the Security+..... know your UNIX/LINUX command lines and using Snort (IDS) , Ettercap, Ethereal... I set those up on my lab in my house... helped me a bit. Big thing is know how to read Snort logs or Honeypot logs and know how to analyze it to find a certain type of attack which none of my preparation material even went into....

Congratulations!

Hum.... you make this exam sound tempting -- once I run out of Cisco exams. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ByrdlandByrdland Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello!!

Congradulations on your CEH Exam. I just passed my exam as well. 125 questions is no fun.

I am thinking about pursuing the CHFI exam. Did you take the course for CEH? Or did you self study.

Do you know much about the CHFI exam and study material?

byrdland

MCSE/MCT, CCNA/CCNP, CNE/CNI, Linux+, CEH
    byrd

CCNA/CCNP, MCSE/MCT, CEH, CNE/CNI, LINUX+, SUSE/REDHAT Engineer and Trainer in all of these topics.
    I self-studied... sorry bout the late (by many months) reply!
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Good job dude !

I see it's a pretty hard exam . CEH ! What is all about ? It's look pretty interesting . icon_lol.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • stevetaylro15stevetaylro15 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey i was hoping for tips / general info.
    I've randomly got a while off work so I was goign to do this exam.
    Do you know how I book an exam, is it through thomson prometric? Also, do i need to attend a traning course as a pre-req?!

Lastly, any tips on the exam?

Thanks!
    Steve
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can register with either VUE or Prometric.

You either need to have the course or two years of experience. You can fill out the application here if you wish to use experience.

All this information is here: http://www.eccouncil.org/takeexam.htm

There's a few of us that are going to be taking this soon. Check out this thread: http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40714