ISSA Members Discount for studISCope practice exams

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
From the ISSA E-News of December 29th, 2008:
ISSA Members Receive Special Discount for studISCope

studISCope is (ISC)²®'s Official Online Self-Assessments for the CISSP® or SSCP®. It provides an actual simulation of the exam situation with knowledge gap assessment and personalized study plan to get ready for the CISSP or SSCP certifications.

studISCope helps candidates focus their study efforts more precisely and enhances their comfort level prior to sitting for the official certification exam. In partnership with (ISC)², it was developed by Express Certifications, to aid companies and individuals who are pursuing the CISSP or SSCP certifications by following a simple three-step process: assess, focus and certify.

Using the robust reporting features in studISCope such as Personalized SWOT analysis, Readiness By Knowledge Area, Learning Progress Indicators, one can determine the level of knowledge, focus their study efforts on areas that need their attention most and maximize their learning, thus shortening the Critical Path of Learning.

As an ISSA member you will receive a special 20% discount. For more information and the discount code, please visit ISSA's member discounts page.

You're an InfoSec professional (or a wannabe) and not a member of ISSA? JOIN NOW!

Comments

• LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Nice post JD. I cannot find the link now, but there are other discount codes out there for the studISCope questions as well. I remember getting 10 or 15 percent off with a discount code. I found it with a Google search.

The questions are rather pricey, I guess it's good that there are discounts out there. :D
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Were the studISCope items a big help to you in studying for the CISSP exam?
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I thought the studISCope questions were useful. They probably helped with my confidence a little too, since they were "Official ISC2" sanctioned questions. It is hard for me to pinpoint anything as the most helpful, but I think it was a good strategy to use a lot of different materials.

Even with the books, opinions vary so much. I really liked the Shon Harris book and found it a much more enjoyable read than the OIG. Even the Krutz Gold Edition which was written in 2002 was better than the OIG in my opinion. But, there are those people who cannot tolerate Shon's humorous analogies and sometimes lighthearted writing style. Some people say the OIG was critical to their success.

It’s kind of like movie reviews, I listen to them, but I take them with a grain of salt. :D
  • smiahsmiah Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to purchase StudiScope materials but find it too expensive for my self funded project cissp exam. can somebody please help with discount code etc??
    any help much appreciated