wireless equipment for ONT and BCMSN

honohono Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have two AIR-AP1220B for my home lab to study the BCMSN and ONT,
I would like to know if that is enough to work wireless for the two certifications ,
In my home lab, I have also:
- 1 x 2610XM
- 1 x 2611XM
- 2 x 3640
- 2 x 3620
- 2 x 2600
- 1 x 1760
- 2 x 2950
- 2 x 3550
Thank you for your assistance,
Daniel.
Daniel
CCIE R&S

Comments

• redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Wow...I don't think you even really need AP's...at least most people I've known going for the CCNP haven't purchased any wireless equipment, although I'm sure it's always better to have some hands-on experience.

I didn't have any lab equipment for the ONT and although I did use 1131 AP's at work, I didn't think they were that huge of a help. Most of the material was either over QoS with wireless, which would be tough to lab, and WLSE and/or WCS, which again, would be pretty hard to lab.

I thought CBT Nuggets plus some of the material on the Cisco website were a big help.

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Deltah_Deltah_ Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't need APs for the exam, it will be good for you for hands-on experience.
    Only WLSE/WCS should be considered for a lab but it's not the easy to do that.

Try this book "Cisco 802.11 Wireless Networking Quick Reference" for good additional details that certification books doesn't cover about wireless.
  • _maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
    hono wrote: »
    Hello,

I have two AIR-AP1220B for my home lab to study the BCMSN and ONT,
    I would like to know if that is enough to work wireless for the two certifications ,
    In my home lab, I have also:
    - 1 x 2610XM
    - 1 x 2611XM
    - 2 x 3640
    - 2 x 3620
    - 2 x 2600
    - 1 x 1760
    - 2 x 2950
    - 2 x 3550
    Thank you for your assistance,
    Daniel.

That's not a home lab, that's an enterprise network!!! :)