Options

Making progress on the CCDA

miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
I was wondering if anyone is getting close to taking this exam. I have completed the Cisco Exam Ceritification Guide, and I have almost completed the Self Study Guide. I am really enjoying the self study guide more. Had a bump in the road, and got bored going through the material (about 4 weeks in) and started studying for the CCNA security at the same time. I think I am about ready for the exam, but holding out hope for a discount voucher before taking it. Just wondering if anyone else is making progess.

My course of study is read the book and take notes
Read the next book and take notes,
Schedule the exam, to give myself a deadline.
Review and take the exam.
I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
Page Count total to date - 1283

Comments

• Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    yeah, i got the book from a friend who convinced me that the ccdp is only two tests away! so, being the cert junky that i am i will be taking this exam shortly (mid jan), then onto the ARCH. I did see that there is a new ARCH book coming out mid january, so that makes perfect time to transition from the ccda to the ccdp. good luck with your studies!!
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    Hey Miller,

I've been following your study progress. Nice to hear you're nearing your exam day. Unfortunately, I haven't been making much use of my thread as I had to put my studies on hold. I got a new job, moved to a different city, and unloaded my bank account for the holidays so, yeah, not much studying going on.

I'm still eating away at the Teare guide and studying the voice stuff at the moment. I'm aiming for a late January/early February exam date now. Any questions/observations you've come across during your studies others may find useful? I'll try to make more of an effort to post some thoughts in the coming weeks...
  • Options
    Scheduled my exam for Thursday morning 1/8/09. Waited for the discount voucher offer and then jumped on it. $79.00 for the voucher, expires on 1/9/09.

• Options
    BennyLavaBennyLava Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    miller811, where do you get discount vouchers from? And is it safe/legal to buy them? Just wondering because I am looking to schedule this exam soon also.
  • Options
    BennyLava wrote: »
    miller811, where do you get discount vouchers from? And is it safe/legal to buy them? Just wondering because I am looking to schedule this exam soon also.

It is totally legit and full legal. I have used them on almost every exam I have taken.
    When I get close to being ready to write an exam I watch their site, and wait for a sale.
    Saw it yesterday, purchased the voucher, received it in 5 minutes, scheduled my exam 5 minutes later, saved $71.00.

http://www.getcertify4less.com/

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    miller811 wrote: »
    You can also use the convenient Exam Vouchers link in the Left menu to get the GetCertify4Less/TechExams page (and possibly help feed the new Quad-Core Server) :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    You can also use the convenient Exam Vouchers link in the Left menu to get the GetCertify4Less/TechExams page (and possibly help feed the new Quad-Core Server) :D

Wow, I was unaware of that link from this site.
    I have to admit, I was almost afraid to post it......
    I will make sure to feed the beast, on my next purchase.....

Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I just bought a voucher with the TechExams coupon number and got the exam scheduled for Monday, January 5.
  • Options
    BennyLava wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I just bought a voucher with the TechExams coupon number and got the exam scheduled for Monday, January 5.

How did you do on the exam?
    I am one day away from mine.

• Options
    miller811 wrote: »
    How did you do on the exam?
    I am one day away from mine.

I ended up rescheduling it for today at 5 pm EST since I was sick over the weekend. I'll post the results once I get back from taking it.