SCARED!

istgirlistgirl Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am SCARED now. My test is TOMORROW at nine o'clock in the morning, and I am taking a sample exam on www.examcram2.com and they are asking me questions on things I've never even heard of!! I sincerely hope I'm not screwed totally. Hopefully I pass tomorrow. I've studied the objectives from off of Comptia's list and some of this stuff doesn't have ANYTHING to do with those. I hope this isn't what the real test is going to be like.
Tech Support Tip #2: When the support agent says "Click...", wait for the rest of the sentence.

Hot Tip #3: Be sure to turn it on before calling technical support.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You should definitly try to relax a bit before you test tomorrow. If you feel that you've gone over the objectives, studied areas that may have given you some trouble, and put the time into it, you should be confident enough to pass. Good Luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • plan-9plan-9 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took my test about an hour ago and passed with a 676. Id recommend definately knowing the boot sequences and files needed for win9x and NT. I had quite a few questions on that. Umm had a couple networking related questions..pretty straigh forward stuff..like..how would you get a dynamic ip address.. ummm a couple questions on fat16,fat32, and ntfs. A question that seems to be on the test for sure will be how much ram does WinME require. everyone i know who took the test as well as every practice test i took asks that question. Overall i found it pretty easy. I did have more questions regarding Win2000 than any other operating system. Oh yah also know how to make boot disks for all windows operating systems..and know how many disks are required. Also know basic trouble shooting stuff.

Good luck.
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    istgirl wrote:
    I am SCARED now. My test is TOMORROW at nine o'clock in the morning, and I am taking a sample exam on www.examcram2.com and they are asking me questions on things I've never even heard of!! I sincerely hope I'm not screwed totally. Hopefully I pass tomorrow. I've studied the objectives from off of Comptia's list and some of this stuff doesn't have ANYTHING to do with those. I hope this isn't what the real test is going to be like.

And see, you did fine!

I'm always scared too, because it seems the ExamCram and Transcender exams really make sure you know every little darn detail, and the actual exams seem to be easier.

Besides, if you really study hard, you're already ahead of the people that just cram and pass, but don't really know a darn thing.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • istgirlistgirl Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, that is true too.
    Tech Support Tip #2: When the support agent says "Click...", wait for the rest of the sentence.

Hot Tip #3: Be sure to turn it on before calling technical support.