needing help

IT-TechIT-Tech Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, english is not my first language as you may always taste from my posts and working as customer service representative in an english speaking country is challenge itself, so I need good forum, such as this one where I can improve my english (particularly spoken english)
Sorry if this is not the right section to post this.........and thanks for your replies all..........

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Welcome to the forum. We will be more than happy to help you with anything IT related here so ask away with anything technical. Looks like your english is just fine to me.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's your native language?
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    ULWiz wrote: »
    Looks like your english is just fine to me.
    I have to agree. To be perfectly honest, you write better than a lot of native speakers.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You just have to learn it the hard way and keep improving yourself. Practice.. Practice.. Practice .....
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    [grammar police]Btw, when you say English, the word English should be capitalized.[/grammar police]

Sorry, I had to!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    skrpune wrote: »
    I have to agree. To be perfectly honest, you write better than a lot of native speakers.

It looks like he wants to work on speaking/listening which is much more difficult than reading/writing though. I was trying to find out what his native language was because they're some good ESL podcasts.
  • IT-TechIT-Tech Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all your suggestions and encouragement : ULWiz, Skrpune,Dynamik, & kasor in particular.
    I am Somali origin & South African citizen (Both East & Southern Africa)
    Thanks for reminding me to practice more , becoz I believe practice is the key for improvement in all studying fields

Thanks for your compliment skrpune and I have to admit that I like this forum because of your advices.

I know my written, understanding & listening english is not that bad as well as my spoken english, but I feel sometimes which is obvious that I need to improve my spoken english....

Thanks again for your time guys.................
    You should check out these podcasts:

http://www.betteratenglish.com/
    http://www.eslpod.com/website/

I came across this one too, but I can't tell if it's any good, or if you have to pay:

http://englishpod.com/