What a complete joke comptia are!!!!

PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was supposed to do the a+ hardware test this morning at 10.30am. I was still waiting in the test center at 11.30 and still nothing. The teacher in the center said that he was having problems with the comptia center in Holland.

He rang them up and said he couldnt get the tests downloaded to his test center. The costumer service lady said she didnt know what was wrong and the guy from our center asked if she was techincal support, she said no. He said why am i talking to you and not tech suport.
He was put through to tech suport who said that both thier servers were undergoing maintenance!

The guy from out center said he had exams booked for this morning! The tech support gave no reason why the servers were down or when we could do the tests again.
It seems as long as they are paid for the tests they dont give a damn!
I have spent the past 7 days studying for 5 -6 hrs a day for the exam this morning! Now all my plans have been wasted!
Comptia you are a complete joke! icon_evil.gif

Comments

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dam...that sucks. I think I would be ready to hand-out some smack downs if I were in your shoes.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes mate, i was geared up for this morning and then this happens! I need a large drink! icon_evil.gif
  • HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's life, Sh*t happens deal with it and move on. It's not that critical anyway. If you are ready for the test today you should be ready for it any time after that because you should know the material.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm glad none of these horror stories have happened to me icon_pumpkin.gif
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Comptia a Joke? No way! Right along with there tests. icon_jokercolor.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems at the test center...
    but I think you should blame the imcompetent people of the test center rather than CompTIA. Or if you want to blame a company, blame Prometric or Pearson VUE as they handle the scheduling.

I never heard of a CompTIA center in Holland. Test centers usually don't have direct contact with an exam vendor such as CompTIA when there are problems with a scheduled exam, but instead call Prometric or Pearson VUE when there are problems. In which city is the test center located?
  • BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have heard this story many times before. The sad thing is, almost all the time it is not CompTias fault. My testing center has said that many times and it turns out that it always happens when the administrator is fooling around with the firewall. Besides, as far as I knew the testing centers download the test through their supplier, Prometric or Vue.

Anyway, if you were ready for the test, you will do fine the problem is fixed.

Good luck
  • drewm320drewm320 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've sat 7 or 8 exams and never had a problem. Most of the time I show up a little early and they can still take me right away.

Just depends on where you go to take the test I guess.
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have heard this story many times before. The sad thing is, almost all the time it is not CompTias fault. My testing center has said that many times and it turns out that it always happens when the administrator is fooling around with the firewall. Besides, as far as I knew the testing centers download the test through their supplier, Prometric or Vue.

Anyway, if you were ready for the test, you will do fine the problem is fixed.

Good luck

Yep! The Prometric center here used to have problems all the time...then they replaced the admin. They've had nary a complaint since.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    An opportune time to submit your resume... ;)
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Both the main sever and the back up server are down! Its not the test centers fault at all. The technical suport office is in Holland and it seems they do not have a clue what they are talking about.