Options

SSCP or finish MCSE?

tigerthekidtigerthekid Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Right now I have my A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, MCDST, and DCSE. I'm currently pursuing my MCSE. I have finished the 70-290 and 70-270. I have studied for the 70-291 but have yet to take it. I'm torn if I should finish my MCSE or start pursuing the SSCP. Security is my ultimate goal and what I'm really interested in. I find studying the MCSE boring and I meet the requirements for SSCP but not CISSP. What are your thoughts?
~J.J.~

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Finish the MCSE and then start with SSCP. I say this because JDMurray has said that after taking SSCP you should jump into studying for the CISSP. Hate for you to get the SSCP, then jump back and finish MCSE only to lose some of the info you had for SSCP.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If I were you, I'd finish 291 since you have time into it and move on to 293 since there is substantial overlap between the two. Then if you want, take a break and work on the SSCP. The MS stuff can get a bit boring, so it's nice to switch things up every once in awhile. Consider going onto the CISSP after the SSCP since there is overlap between those two as well, and you'll still be able to become an associate. You'll have six years to get your four years of experience.