Study Time?

snowdudesnowdude Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering about how much study time you have put into the Net + exam? My company is ordering testout study guides, plus a book or two I will need, and they want me to create a "work order" for it that includes estimated study time.

I have a BS in network and computer security (several networking classes w/labs), plus about a year of real world experience in networks.

I am just trying to get a feel for how many hours you put into studying for the test so I know what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    It really depends person to person.

But it sounds like you yourself should be able to pass it in a month with your education and experience if you dedicated time to this exam. You could probably do it in 2 or 3 weeks if you buckle down and put in at least a few hours everyday. IMHO Security+ is slightly tougher than network+. I see you have your security+, so how long did that take you?

I have an AAS in computer networking with 4 years experience at the time and it took me about a month (1-2 hours a day). So take it for what it's worth.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    For me personally it took a month of study time for the Network+. I read one book and used the test questions out of it. Besides that i also used the techexams.net technotes for the network+ and felt i was ready.

Unfortunately my machines crashed a few time and did not administer a full test to me so i had to go back again and take it again. Did pass it on the first full try though.

Best of luck hopes this helps a little.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • snowdudesnowdude Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for the info!

I would like to take the exam before my boss leaves for vacation at the end of February, so that gives me a time line to work with.

I took the Security + just a couple of months out of college so the info was still pretty fresh. I studied for a month using the Exam Cram book and the Tech Notes here.

I'm sure you will be hearing more from me in the future!
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I did it in about 4 weeks, 5 days a week, about 4 hours a day. I was sick of studying, knew 3 resources front to back, and still barely passed. Dont underestimate this test.