Beginning the long journey ahead;

jerrjerr Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all! I am going to start preparing soon for my Network+ Exam.

Where is a great site to buy study materials? Books / what not? What are some of the best books and easiest to understand?

I am looking into getting my A+/Network+/CCNA/ and possibly Security+.

Any useful information would be helpful.

Do I need to register anywhere when I go to take the test? Anything will help me! I am a new fish. Thanks Alot!

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Amazon.com

Mike Myer's passport, Exam Cram 2. Make sure the books reflect the newest version of the test.

Good luck.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    brad- wrote: »
    Amazon.com

Mike Myer's passport, Exam Cram 2. Make sure the books reflect the newest version of the test.

Good luck.
    +1 on amazon...best prices are online. I'd recommend going down to a big box book store to peruse the titles in person & then go do your buying online.

Everyone else seems to love Mike Myers except for me. I just didn't like his writing style & how the books were organized for A+ or Network+. I did however really like Tamara Dean's "Network+ 2005 In Depth" and I also used Anthony Chiarella's "Network+ Self-Study Guide 2nd Edition" as my intro book (very light on detail, but if you're looking for something to ease you into the subject matter it's a good place to start).

If you plan on taking the exam before June/July, then I say go for the 2005 objectives exam (now called the 2007 version when you book the exam) rather than the soon to be released new 2009 version...I have no first hand experience with taking a new exam, but I've heard from others that new exams can be a bit rough around the edges. Plus, there's few study books with very little or no feedback from other test takers, so it's hard to know what books are good to use for newer versions of exams.

But that's just my two cents...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion