Options

Grant the 'Create Computer Objects'

ronpasa69ronpasa69 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
How do you grant a user the 'Create computer Objects' right to the domain to allow her the ability to create computer accounts in any OU?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Open ADUC > right-click domain > delegate control > enter username > create a custom task to delegate (or you could use the common task join computers if that's what you're going for) > only the following objects in the folder > computer objects > create selected objects in this folder
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Open ADUC > right-click domain > delegate control > enter username > create a custom task to delegate (or you could use the common task join computers if that's what you're going for) > only the following objects in the folder > computer objects > create selected objects in this folder

Thank you so much.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »

I'm at the Delegation of Control Wizard dialog box. I'm looking at the Show these permissions: General Property-Specific Creation/deletion of specific child objects check boxes and a list of Permissions: with check boxes next to them and I dont see the last part "create selected objects in this folder. Please explain.
  • Options
  • Options
    Dang your good. Thats cool. Howd youd do that?

Additionally, what do you do next after you click next? Select General? Then what check box.
  • Options
    I just hit the print screen button and pasted into Photoshop.

The three check boxes up at the top are just a filter for what is displayed in the box below. You can probably leave it on general unless you want to get really granular with the permissions. You'll need to select what permission you want to assign to that person before you can complete the wizard though. Do you trust them enough to give them full control? Maybe just read and write, or some other combination. It's up to you.