Failed the first time I took it!!!

ahepburnahepburn Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
I Failed the 70-290..... with a 666 ( the mark of the beast).... never the less I have to study harder to pass it on Jan 9th, 2009. There was alot of off the walk questions..... and about 10 simulations, which was much more than I expected. I used the ILT book, Exam cram, and the transcender software, but that evidently that material was not sufficent. better luck next time... do you guy have any advice on the exam.

Comments

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You'll get there ! Most of us have failed few of these exams. And you know, it just proves we didn't ****! ha.

I know people who have been doing this stuff for years who can't pass these exams, so don't stress. There is a balance between the real world and these certifications.

I am actually a huge fan of the sims, I would like to see the exam test on concept and theory in the sims. You honestly can't fake that,.

Anyway, my recommendation to you for your retake.
    - google any concepts you were not comfortable on from the exam
    - spend a dozen or more hours in the lab
    - read both the symbex and microsoft books, do all the labs!
    - transcender testing software

You'll own it now.

Oh, mark otf the beast? I thought that was 70-291?
    -Daniel
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    HOLY COW! I posted that I failed with the same exact score! What are the chances of that happening? I am going to use the MS press book as well. I am using the Testout, CBTnuggets, Exam Cram currently, if I would use them like I should, lol. I am sure we will both pass next time, we were very close.

What was weird was that after I finished the last questions review screen, I clicked to finish and grade the test, the scrren went white for about a minute and then went right back to the review screen. I thought that was strange.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • scoobyd00scoobyd00 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now I don't feel so bad! I also failed the first time with 666. I was like.... 666? How did I get that score. However, my situation was a bit different. Had so many problems at the testing center it took me 7 hours to finish the test. My exam was supposed to start at 10 am. They didn't get the test downloaded until noon. During the actual test the computer froze and had to be restarted several times I finally finished at 4:50. Clicked finish and got the failure..... 666! I should have rescheduled as soon as they started having problems. Good thing I signed-up for the second shot voucher. I will take it again next weekend and pass.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    M$ is evil and you guys have been marked icon_twisted.gif
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    LOL, that's probably true. Now that the holidays are over, time to buckle down and get serious about studying. At least now I know exactly what areas I need to concentrate on.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • ronpasa69ronpasa69 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So, how did you do? Thank you for posting that. I feel much more confident knowing that I'm not the only one who thinks this stuff is NARLY.