Daily tasks for an admin

For those of you studying for the 70-290, this might be helpful to supplement your studies. Microsoft simulations for daily tasks. I wish I would have seen this before taking my exam!

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/evaluation/demos/sims/dayinlife/viewer.htm
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

Comments

• ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    Very nice. Great post. I'm studying for my 290 now. So thanks a bunch.
    Where did you find this..? More like it?
  • mand0mand0 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently studying for the 290 and this will help. Many thanks.
  • Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    I just passed my 290 and I was googling for tasks an admin would perform on a daily basis to prepare for the event that I someday get a job in the IT business. It's one thing to pass a certification, but to retain that knowledge you need to be using it regularly. Enjoy!
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • DaggedDagged Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank for this I am studying for this exam and this will be perfect :)
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    This looks great. Thanks for the link. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but will asap.
    Working on Linux+
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This has been posted before, but it's an excellent resource. Would be nice if they did an updated one for 2008.

Fun thing is, most of those tasks seem to be what I'm required to do as a normal desktop support tech these days. <_<;

...I want more money now.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Just goes to show that one person's admin is another person's help desk. No real standardization out there.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, thanks! :)
  • BulollaBulolla Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great, I am learning things that I did not know. still going through all the simulations.

Thanks a lot Devin