Beast Senior is booked...

Well I've got 70-293 booked for Thursday... Wasn't going to rush it but it looked as though the test center would have enough slots for me to do my 293 and my g/f to do her 620 (I've talked her into sitting some MS exams too :) ), but typically as soon as I booked mine it said there were no other slots for the rest of the day... ho-hum.
I've had 3 weeks on this one and I'd just done 70-299 prior to this (I'm really hoping 293 is as PKI heavy as everyone says it is). I've been using Exam Cram's for 293 and my old 299 to top that up, as well as a few technets and other online resources.
I have to admit to be nervous about this one, everyone has said how much it's taken them by suprise, so we'll just have to wait and see... wish me luck :)

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Good luck!

Your in good position if you've been studying PKI for your other tests. That will definitely come in handy during the exam. NLB/Clustering, IPSec and RRAS are other main topics I'd study up on. Let us know how it turns out.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Just sat and passed 293 :)
    Got a 768 on it, which isn't fantastic but it's a pass and that's all that really matters. I'm going to go and brush up a bit on RRAS (my weakest area) specifically IAS which I seemed to get a ton of questions on.
    Thanks to netadmin for the advice :)
    I guess its onto 294 now...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

Good luck with 294!
    Congrats!

Good luck with 294, that's what I'm studying now.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done! How many questions/sims do you get in this exam, on average?

I've just started studying for it after passing 70-291/MCSA at the end of August, and because I had set the MCSA as such a big milestone it's been hard focusing on the MCSE as a new milestone, plus work has been mad busy.

So 70-293 and eventually MCSE is my 2009 New Years Resolution!

Congrats again :)
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome job!
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    nielpeel wrote: »
    Well done! How many questions/sims do you get in this exam, on average?
    :)

Sorry would have replied sooner but I wanted to check through the CSI: Redmond Anti-Piracy talk to see how much I can actually tell you here :D

The exam I had was 50 questions, there seemed to be a healthy chunk of sims on my exam. I would say this had more sims than any of the other exams I've done, but it could just be luck of the draw, I don't know if sims are just treated as extra questions and picked from the pool or not.
    Most of the sims were actually pretty straightforward, there was only one where I was unsure if I needed extra steps or not.
    Good luck with your own 293 :)
    The exam I had was 50 questions, there seemed to be a healthy chunk of sims on my exam. I would say this had more sims than any of the other exams I've done, but it could just be luck of the draw, I don't know if sims are just treated as extra questions and picked from the pool or not.
    Most of the sims were actually pretty straightforward, there was only one where I was unsure if I needed extra steps or not.
    Good luck with your own 293 :)

Yes, it's basically the luck of the draw. I had to take the 293 three times and I got a different number of sims each time. But it seamed to me that I got more sims than my other MS exams I've taken so far on each of the tests.