How Much??? 3000US$???

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

One question, how much does it cost, i heard it is compulsory to do their (vmwares) training either online or at a training center before you can even sit the exam???

Please someone confirm

Thanks
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's right, it costs around $3000 and you have to have a class before you can sit the certification exam.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks....Ouch that hurts my pocket...deeply

Hey, you did some MS certs, how long did they take???
    Well I did some after I got my first job in IT as a bench tech and got some desktop experience, I did the 2000 Professional exam and I think 2000 Server within 6 months or so. Then I didn't do any more certs for 2 or 3 years until I switched jobs and became a jr. admin. Once I started back again I did the rest of the tests for 2000 MCSE within a year or so.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    Cool...

Ah... I see VMware on your to do list...

Are you gonna go through the whole 3000 dollar thing? or will yr company pay for u?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Professional certs cost $$$$ because the cert vendors assume that businesses will be paying for the certs and not individuals. I think VMWare needs to rethink their certification target market and come out with an additional, lower tier of certs in the $150 price range for their IT Geek fan-base.
    Cool...

Ah... I see VMware on your to do list...

Are you gonna go through the whole 3000 dollar thing? or will yr company pay for u?

I'm fortunate enough to work for a company that's paying for it. But we're going full-steam ahead with deploying ESX as our datacenter solution, in big part because we're just simply out of room physically. So someone has got to get trained up, quick.

The price for this class is about on par with other IT vendor training I've attended.
    IT guy since 12/00

• Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be going through the online class in 2 weeks. One of our other engineers went through the class a couple of months ago and said that it was a very good, informative 4 day class. I just wish that I would've paid attention to the timezone for the class I registered for... it's going to be 11am to 7pm my time.

I went to an Iron Port partner class in December and it cost about the same (not counting air fare and hotel) as the VMware class.
    Wow Guys,

Good luck!!! Please post again when you guys sit the exam coz i just wanna know how hard it is???

Thanks Again